Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Radiator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey guys, so my issue is a coolant leak on my tc2000. its a 2001 and there is a leak at the bottom of the radiator but not coming from any joints, water pump, etc. It seems to come from the radiator at the seam. Not entirely sure but it is intermittent so hard to catch it. Im just wondering if its the radiator itself or something else im missing.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  11:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any TC2000s but I have had units that old have trouble with the tank cracking. After so many cycles of pressure-depressure the plastic just gives way. It's just a little crack and they will be intermittent some times because the crack opens and closes depending on the time the engine is running and how hot the system gets. So, if this is a bus that runs around town it may not get hot enough to open the crack but eventually it will. lol I have the tanks in stock and take the tank and the radiator to the radiator shop to be repaired.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  04:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok thanks for the info. I agree its just the plastic giving way. thanks again
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000