New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  12:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have this 365 running ruff have to codes 577 and 578 cylinder balance cylinder 7 and 8 now when its idling its making a horrible sound i never heard before sounds as if u can hear the cylinder firing threw the intake tube or the air filter opening i am thinking a broken valve spring or rocker any ideas

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  12:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you have an exhaust valve(s) not opening, possible lobe gone off cam or valve train issue.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2013 :  09:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats what i was thinkin broken valve spring or something going to open it up tomarrow and see what i find
Go to Top of Page

kevin1336

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2013 :  07:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take top off and look for buttons broke off the rockers. Sometimes you can find these stuck to drain plug. But most likely you have a roller on lifter broke, turned sideways and really messed up cam shaft. Bad enough and ran long enough, you may be looking at new motor.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1312 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  4:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
took valve cover off found rocker arm tip broken of got a new one but the clearance was way off took oil pump off to see lifter and sure enough the roller was gone and the lifter distoyed the cam I will be pullin the motor tomarrow o joy........
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000