New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  06:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 2011 IC CE 300 Buses with MaxxForce DT and Feature code 0510912 3 way early warning protection system sound an alarm and light a dash light when a low coolant condition occurs (as it is supposed to). My new 2014 with the same feature code only has a message in the dash display but no light or alarm. This seems to be a problem as drivers do not notice as they can't see the display where they sit. Any one else found a programming glitch in their newer IC buses with similar symptoms?

BusCave

18 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  08:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusCave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that feature code is for the lights. 0008WWJ is the low coolant level indicator with audible alarm. Did your older order have that code in addition to the light code?

Edited by - BusCave on 10/25/2013 08:41:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  08:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bass,
Is there a chance the feature is set differently than it's supposed to be; ie 1-2 way warning? The settings on my buses are viewable, and changeable with ServiceMaxx.

My last buses were supposed to be programmed so certain features didn't stay on when the key was off and the programming was not set to do so...it's possible they didn't get your spec right.

How many of these are you getting?
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  10:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. Both buses have 0008WWJ and therefore should have the alarm. Heading back to a dealer on Monday. Both buses are set to 3 way warning. We got 9 total units

Edited by - Bassman on 10/25/2013 10:36:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  4:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you sure the alarm is functioning? Does it work on low air and emergency exits? Just askin'. I've replaces 3 of the little speakers in the cluster in the last couple years.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  03:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: at the dealership again .... swapping dash clusters from a 2011 didn't help. We have 9 of these units and they are all the same. ISIS says they are 2013 compliant engines. I am betting IH didn't program this in when they made changes to ECM. All of my 2011 buses with 2010 emissions work fine.
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  2:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There are 5 programming choices which can be programmed if you have Servicemax pro. For school bus application choose #1. It is listed in the parameters under the heading "Engine warning and Protection".

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000