International = IC ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  11:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
read the headlines and tell us what you think. International is consolidating their amtran body and international chassis to become one name. IC. hmm,....

I wonder what changes are instore for us?

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  12:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talked with my dealer about this today, neat new logo. In my opinion, it just moves International further away from the old Ward and Amtran nameplates and begins their own era in the bus industry without any "guilt by association" syndrome associated with other names. I'm not sure any changes will be coming that they haven't already announced, but we'll see.
Joe

Edited by - wagonmaster on 05/09/2002 4:41:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  4:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am intrested to see what this new Logo looks like. Hopefully it will help them get somewhere. I really like there product and I see them going somewhere.

So when we refer to them now it will be IC not International?? I think this will get confusing to some people though.

Is there chassis now called IC?? Instead of International?

BlueBird44-Blue Bird Built for Students.
Go to Top of Page

Jim
Top Member

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  07:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hasn't the International IC been out for a couple of years already?

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  08:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What about my favorite product from International? The FE? Like the IC should we just refer to it as FE?

Ryan Lane
schoolbus@email.com
www.plain.lib.oh.us/PCPLPizzaPirates.htm
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  09:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new logo is an Ic inside a shield, kinda gold colored. I really like it. Nice change from the orange stuff of the last several years.
Joe

Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2002 :  1:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think that everyone will still call them International, even if they have become IC Corp. It does move them away from the AmTran days, but, now AmTran is, to put it blankly,dead. I think that the new name will confuse people ( try saying "IC RE" to yourself) and I personally like the old IHC badges better.
Silas J.

97-12 It will outrun your bus.
http://schoolbusarchives.tripod.com

Go to Top of Page

jimbo20

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  5:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets face facts folks Navistar/International has made trucks since there were Wagonmasters in the wild west they are the best.

Jimbo

Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  6:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yee Haw! Head 'em up and move 'em out! Here come the IC's!
Joe

Go to Top of Page

Skewl Bus Boi
Advanced Member

USA
323 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  6:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"A Ward by any other name..."

-Overheard at NAPT trade show

—Phil

"Blue Bird!" "of happiness?"
Go to Top of Page

INTERNATIONAL_74

94 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  7:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit INTERNATIONAL_74's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm happy for International...but it will look strange with IC above the door instead of International. So, the IC FE, huh? Different, but I guess we had to get used to saying International instead of AmTran.

Tssssssss. (Air Brake Hiss)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000