Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Headlight adjustment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  04:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This may be a stupid question, but i have a 2005 bluebird all American and i was wondering what the proper steps were to adjust the headlights?
They are off and im not sure how to dial them in.

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  09:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As far as adjusting the lights, there should be adjustment screws to adjust up and down and left to right... on each hi beam and low beam light
But as far as proper steps, unless you have access to a headlight aiming kit? you are basically left with pulling up to a wall or structure to see where they are shinning and moving the adjustments where you want them.... I am sure there are specs/measurements from Bluebird where they recommend them set... what those are ?.. I have yet to find 2 drivers that like there lights adjusted the same, some seem to want to coon hunt with them....

I as a rule would normally start by adjusting them up and down first to see if that remedies the night vision problem.. most of the time a little bit of adjustment will make quite a bit of difference..if you get too carried away, you will know because you will have a lot of people flashing their brights at you when traveling down the road...with your low beams on...

If it is your bus, you may have to play with it to get them where they work for you, if a school owned vehicle I would get your mechanic to adjust them for you... I can pretty much look at how a bus is shinning on my shop wall and tell if they need adjusting or not... practice makes perfect so the saying goes..

Edited by - slippert on 09/11/2013 09:23:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  2:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked through a few of my BB service manuals and didn't see any info on adjustment. My GMCV manuals say use a white screen 25ft away, or the aiming tool. I wonder what BB does?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  10:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok thanks for the info it truly helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000