New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  08:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have one of my old reliables giving me a little trouble. Had the engine out of this one and now that I have it back in I am not getting very good braking. What's happening is the peddle feels as if you have just replaced pads and you are pushing the caliper pistons out against the pad/ rotor (peddle goes down too far). If you let up and push the pedal again it will hold. Let off of the peddle for a minute or two and it does the same thing over again. It has a new booster because the old one was leaking. Master cylinder?

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  10:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you don't have any puddles under the bus I would say yes. I had one do me like that last week. The brake line along the frame had a pinhole.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  11:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is this B-7 equipped with ABS brakes?

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  8:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BJ, yes it has ABS. I replaced the master cylinder on this one and it fixed it right up. By the way, NAPA had the master cylinder for this one at the warehouse & I got it the next day. I normally buy from a local med/ heavy truck parts dealer but they wanted $265 for a rebuilt and NAPA wanted $90. Yep, I said $90! I was pleasantly surprised. When they said they had one I was half expecting it to be the wrong one because my other parts dealer usually beats NAPA hands down.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  08:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Napa has the master cylinder for Visions also P8593. All I have to do is walk 1/2 block through the shop.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  6:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's cool! Thanks for the information. Can they look it up or do you have to give them the number? It seems as if my NAPA wants to run the other way when I tell them I'm working on a bus that's not a Chevy, Ford or IH.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2013 :  08:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I look some up myself through Prolink. Ralph our bus parts guy finds most of it. Napa Prolink has a cross reference and electronic catalogs online. Get your Napa store to get you a prolink account setup (free). You can even see if they stock the part. I actually have been compiling a spread sheet with parts that I use frequently. Our counter people are not very bus savvy either and I hate waiting.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Edited by - Wolf0r on 09/19/2013 08:10:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  6:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

I look some up myself through Prolink. Ralph our bus parts guy finds most of it. Napa Prolink has a cross reference and electronic catalogs online. Get your Napa store to get you a prolink account setup (free). You can even see if they stock the part. I actually have been compiling a spread sheet with parts that I use frequently. Our counter people are not very bus savvy either and I hate waiting.

Can't really blame them for not being school bus savvy. There are probably less than 10 people who work on them within a 50 mile radius of me. While there are probably a thousand people who work on cars/trucks in the same area. That's the reason I love this forum, makes it seem as if you all are right next door. Lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000