Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Aps and Ivs problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  7:44:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got an 01 int. with the 466.. and for the past three months i been chasing a ghost, the bus would throw an engine light and go to an idle. three codes pop up (Accelerator Position Signal in Range DTC M--
APS/IVS Accelerator Position and Idle Validation Switch disagree--APS/IVS Idle Validation Switch Circuit DTC)i can never get them to pop up.. but i pulled all the wires up and inspected them, also ohm'd all the wires(all good!) i changed the pedal sensor, checked and replaced the fuse for the ivs.. if it was a power or ground issue it would read sensor high or low...and it has happened now 3-4 times and i would like to condemn the computer but its so far and few in between that it would seem it would fail more for a computer fault... any thoughts?

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  10:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a similar thing happen one to one of my 99's. That ended up being the wiring at the Neutral Safety Switch rubbing through at either the switch to the body of the transmission. It was grounding out, and throwing the Throttle Position Sensor code, along with others I don't remember exactly.

Worth giving it a look.

Drove me nuts trying to find that... lol

Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  10:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If your throttle pedal has two plugs for the sensors you need to check with Nav. parts and get the newer style one piece one connector switch for your application.
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  04:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im trying to find the iknow document but this has been a common issue and there is an overlay harness that can be purchased at IH.
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  5:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had similar issues with two 99s. The neutral safety harness was so tightly bound to the case with a zip tie that it wore through and blew the ING fuse and the bus died right there. The first one took a while to find but when the second one died that's the first thing I checked.
quote:
Originally posted by eddo

Had a similar thing happen one to one of my 99's. That ended up being the wiring at the Neutral Safety Switch rubbing through at either the switch to the body of the transmission. It was grounding out, and throwing the Throttle Position Sensor code, along with others I don't remember exactly.

Worth giving it a look.

Drove me nuts trying to find that... lol

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  04:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had one of these a couple of years back... find the Baro sensor unplug it and take it for a drive. The sensor is located under the dash close to the fuse panel. It shares reference voltage with the APP.

B
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000