Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 444E speeds up by itself while driving.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tractor3@shaw.ca

4 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2013 :  5:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tractor3@shaw.ca's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2007 444E, single box. There's two problems and they may be related, I'm not sure. First one: you'll be driving down a residential street going anywhere from 10 to 30 mph when all of a sudden the engine starts speeding up and then so does the bus. At this point, if you put it in neutral, the engine is still running fast. It goes up to only 1500 rpm everytime. Does't seem to do it at highway speeds. It acts exactly like a throttle linkage sticking pre electronics. It also won't do it when at the curb. I've replaced throttle pedal assy, TPSW, cam sensor. The codes I get tell me the throttle and idle validation don't match even with a new pedal and switch. Codes are 133,134 ,135. Replaced batteries and checked wiring and corroded/loose pins.
Second problem is the engine stalls when foot on brake slowing down for a stop. Restarts immediately. No codes come up for this one. Anybody got helpful ideas?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000