New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  1:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for a GM# 15150553 pump for a 1999 Chevrolet with a 454 (7.4) and hydraulic brakes. I'm seeing some terribly high prices on these. GM quit supplying replacement parts. What gives? Any aftermarkets? I can't get the rotor vanes or the cam anymore from GM.

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  2:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cardone #21-5197. My local AC Delco/Motorcraft WD lists one at $149.60 but has 0 in stock. Do you have any Federated Parts suppliers in the area?
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  06:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mechan1c

Cardone #21-5197. My local AC Delco/Motorcraft WD lists one at $149.60 but has 0 in stock. Do you have any Federated Parts suppliers in the area?

Yep that's the number. I think it's probably where our steering gear re builder gets them. No core. I have one with the input shaft broken, I may be able to revive one for future use.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  08:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2012 :  09:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a new replacement HE1200281 is what our local re-builder sent us. I also discovered a way to get the pesky magnet out of the rez. Take another magnet put under the rez, the repelling force flips the magnet inside up so you can grab it with a telescopic magnet. Then you can get all the powdered metal out of the rez.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2012 :  10:04:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

I found a new replacement HE1200281 is what our local re-builder sent us. I also discovered a way to get the pesky magnet out of the rez. Take another magnet put under the rez, the repelling force flips the magnet inside up so you can grab it with a telescopic magnet. Then you can get all the powdered metal out of the rez.

That's quite a trick! Thanks for the tip.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2012 :  2:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rollers and roller eccentric were scored. Shaft has a groove from the seal. Basically shot, can't buy parts.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000