Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  10:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

We thought you might be interested to read SBF Publisher Frank Di Giacomo's column from our November 2012 issue on technology that monitors drivers in various ways.

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/Channel/Management-Training/Articles/2012/12/School-bus-drivers-Is-trust-enough.aspx

Sincerely,
Kelly Roher
SBF Managing Editor

RweThereYet

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  08:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I don't feel that this devise is uncalled for, I do find it rather interesting how the drivers are put under more and more scrutiny yet the kids are aloowed to go almost unchecked.

Well, for a while they might be watched after a private recorded incident goes public. But drivers complaints seem to be largely overlooked.

Anyone care to do a study on this issue???

Oh ya, if a driver in our district gets caught driving while using thier cellphone, the first offense is = termination.

So if you're real smart and want this job then stay off your phone while driving. Obviously in an emergency or justifible situation a cellphone call is required, pull over and park and make the call.
Go to Top of Page

FrankP

53 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  2:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit FrankP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Agree completely Rwe!! My company uses Nextels in lieu of 2-way radios, so such a blocking device wouldn't be used in my company anyway. But I'll tell ya, even if the office is calling me, I'll give 'em a quick, "I'm driving, call ya back in a few minutes". God forbid I should have to defend myself against a charge of using a phone while driving from some vindictive kid.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000