Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 C7 Blowby
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

4bl389

2 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2012 :  4:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4bl389's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got 2 06 C7's Thomas buses with blowby coming out the vent tube 1 has coolant in the oil/crankcase the other oil in the radiator they run fine
just the blowby..oil cooler issues?? Any help Thanks...

Offroadwolf

41 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  11:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Offroadwolf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This sounds like oil cooler issues. Pull both coolers out and pressure test em. I have used a piece of 1/2 plate steel and drilled all the bolts holes out and install an air fitting to feed the oil side of the cooler, mount the cooler to it and put an air hose to. I wouldnt go over 80 or 90 psi. Then drop it in a bucket of water. Ive always done that just to verify the cooler is leaking.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  12:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
normally if an oil cooler is bad it will fill radiator with oil, as the oil pressure is higher than cooling system pressure. sounds like 1 with possible cooler issues
The one with coolant in the crankcase, might be cooler problems but I would be more apt to think it's problem is somewhere else, myself.

cking both coolers would tell you whether there bad or not.

Edited by - slippert on 10/26/2012 2:37:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

4bl389

2 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  3:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4bl389's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's for the input...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000