New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  10:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My route bus is a 2007 Vision. Full air. I drove it one whole day before the brakes decided not to work properly. This was over a month ago, and I still do not have this bus back. When I hit the brake pedal, they felt like they were going to stop, but wouldn't. Then all of a sudden, they'd grab hard and the bus would stop. The mechanics can't seem to find the problem (they're idiots). They have greased the Scams (one side was completely frozen), took linings off, and adjusted brakes. Any suggestions?

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  11:23:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you think referring to your mechanics as "idiots" might have caused the lack of responses here? You do realize this is a forum for professional mechanics, right? I would say your mechanics are trying to duplicate or track down your concern, and DO NOT want you or your kids in the bus until they are able to rectify the issue.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

eicsbus

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  11:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IDIOTS,,,hmmm,,,make note to myself NOT to ever respond to bus boy 39,,,time for coffee and donuts

I.C. NO FUTURE

formally ,,,,wright11
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  8:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eicsbus

IDIOTS,,,hmmm,,,make note to myself NOT to ever respond to bus boy 39,,,time for coffee and donuts

Funny, doesn't sound like he's on speaking terms with the shop anyway so I don't think telling him anything would help the situation.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  08:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Partsman_ba:

If you only knew our mechanics, you'd simply agree with me. How about telling me that a Ford E450 engine is made by Cummins? Do you think that's correct? Or that ALL transit buses run only on 4 cylinders when it's first started, then the other 2 will kick in within 5 minutes? Is that correct? There was one more thing that a mechanic told me, that was totally incorrect that made me laugh. How about oil caps, lugs nuts, and hood latches coming off weekly or not secured. Every week!

bwest, yes, I'm not on speaking terms with the shop, along with other drivers. One mechanic flies around our lot with buses, kicking up dirt and rocks and nearly hitting drivers. Then he yells at us for getting a little heavy on the pedal. If you guys only knew, then you could make the comments that you did.... Enjoy your coffee and donuts!

I'll show you my air brakes if you show me yours.
Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  09:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If buses are out on the road with poorly adjusted brakes, the whole operation probably needs to be looked into. That's unacceptable.

Makes me glad to be in NY where buses get pulled in every 30 days for checkups.
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  4:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If things are that bad you should probably try talking to a) your supervisor, b) your supervisor's supervisor, or c) Pennsylvania DOT. Unsafe practices will get someone hurt.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

Hicrawler

9 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2012 :  04:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hicrawler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bus Boy 39
To help you with your issue please ask the mechanic "politely" to replace the hardware for the brakes. The issue is the rollers get get stuck when you first apply the brakes then they free up all of the sudden. This can cause the bus to pull to one side when the brakes are applied as well. The brake shoes are usually not the problem. The hardware is. This is a typical issue that my county has on the Vision buses. Once the hardware has been replaced it usually takes care of the issue.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000