Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Ford b700 1985 school bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ridgebackspb

7 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  04:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit ridgebackspb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!
I've bought Ford b700 1985 school bus and i want to restore it.
8,2 diesel engine, vin 1FDNJ74N0FVA40653
Please recommend me website, where i can buy different filters, pads, gaskets.
Thank you!

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  11:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your local parts store will have everything you need for service but 8.2L specific parts will be more difficult to find. Looks like you have a lot of body work ahead of you.

"Hardybusman"

Edited by - C.HARDY on 09/20/2012 11:28:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

ridgebackspb

7 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  02:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit ridgebackspb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The difficulty is that the bus in Russia and it is doubtful that local stores sell parts for its service. Work on a body is not a problem for me..
Go to Top of Page

ridgebackspb

7 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  02:32:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit ridgebackspb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe there are other specialized forums about ford buses, where I can find some information?
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  11:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anything you need can be found via web. Shipping will be pricey. The 8.2 wasn't the most popular engine, but parts can be located with relative ease. To be honest, however, I would be prone to consider an engine swap before I rebuilt an 8.2.
Those are interesting upper turn signals on the front cowl. Most of the Ford's of that era in the U.S. are square. It's also interesting how the 8-way flashers seem to be surface mounted instead of flush mounted. I love the side emergency door. Is there one on the passenger side? Those make great luggage loading doors if you use the bus for trips and such.
Overall, the Ford/Thomas combo is one of my favorites. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  11:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by ridgebackspb

Hello!
Thank you!
Have you asked around on the forums at skoolie.net? Nice photos of the bus and workshop.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  5:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oooh, I didnt realize it was in Russia. That 8.2L will have a hard time warming up in that cold but if it runs half way decent it should be a good engine. They were some of the most dependable diesels we ever had in our fleet. Finding engine specific parts will be tough and there are so many speciaL tools you will need to do major work that it may not be worth it. Good luck on your project.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

ridgebackspb

7 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  1:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit ridgebackspb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RD9000

Anything you need can be found via web. Shipping will be pricey. The 8.2 wasn't the most popular engine, but parts can be located with relative ease. To be honest, however, I would be prone to consider an engine swap before I rebuilt an 8.2.
Those are interesting upper turn signals on the front cowl. Most of the Ford's of that era in the U.S. are square. It's also interesting how the 8-way flashers seem to be surface mounted instead of flush mounted. I love the side emergency door. Is there one on the passenger side? Those make great luggage loading doors if you use the bus for trips and such.
Overall, the Ford/Thomas combo is one of my favorites. Good luck!

Where should i find parts? I find only sites like www.jcwhitney.com, www.partstrain.com and similiar.
There is only one emergency door. We will use bus as "party bus" =)
Go to Top of Page

ridgebackspb

7 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  1:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit ridgebackspb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

Hello!
Thank you!
Have you asked around on the forums at skoolie.net? Nice photos of the bus and workshop.

Thank you for skoolie.net, great forum! But i can't create an account, "The e-mail address you entered is not allowed to be used." =( it doesn't accept Hotmail, gmail, yahoo mails=(
Go to Top of Page

ridgebackspb

7 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  1:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit ridgebackspb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by C.HARDY

Oooh, I didnt realize it was in Russia. That 8.2L will have a hard time warming up in that cold but if it runs half way decent it should be a good engine. They were some of the most dependable diesels we ever had in our fleet. Finding engine specific parts will be tough and there are so many speciaL tools you will need to do major work that it may not be worth it. Good luck on your project.

We have got a lot of work to do=)
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  07:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ridgebackspb

quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

Hello!
Thank you!

Thank you for skoolie.net, great forum! But i can't create an account, "The e-mail address you entered is not allowed to be used." =( it doesn't accept Hotmail, gmail, yahoo mails=(

I hate that! I have friends in the Arab Emirates that go through the same crap. It makes it hard for us to communicate.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2012 :  3:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I registered on skoolie.net with a Yahoo email address, you just have to email the site administrator and ask to be manually added. They block those sites to cut down on spam, but it can be overridden if you convince them you're a real person.
Go to Top of Page

ridgebackspb

7 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  08:24:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit ridgebackspb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bus724

I registered on skoolie.net with a Yahoo email address, you just have to email the site administrator and ask to be manually added. They block those sites to cut down on spam, but it can be overridden if you convince them you're a real person.

Have you got administrator's email?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000