C2 Coolant Surge tanks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rick Russell

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  09:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an 09 C2 come in today with a cracked surge tank. I was showing another Tech where it was cracked on another 09 Cs in the shop and found it cracked in the same place..... another one came in today, cracked in the same place......anyone else finding these cracks ? 3 of the last 3 we checked being cracked is not good odds. The crack is in a molded vertical recess on the front side, nearest the centerline of the bus.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  10:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
After several changes the tank you want to order is 05-23195-001. When you install this tank be sure to check the spacing on the outboard end of the tank near the fender the bracket will have a larger space than the old tank.Also there are two torx screws through the air filter bracket into the surge tank and one by the back wall at the bottom.
Go to Top of Page

jturlington

5 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  6:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of ours were replaced under warranty, though I have seen that Dorman Products has a aftermarket replacement. I haven't checked pricing but should be available though local parts store. I can get part number for you if interested.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000