School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Black C2 skirting + random Wayne question...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rickhamilton620

24 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  7:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickhamilton620's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was randomly thinking, I recall that the C2 preview site showed a bus with a sort of "two-tone" look with black extended skirting, like this:

Has anyone seen a C2 "IRL" with this option, if it's available at all?

Now, onto the random Wayne question I have. Were Wayne models ever available with EuroStyle mirrors, if they even existed before Wayne's demise?

Sherm
Top Member

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  03:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never seen a Euro-style mirror on anything older than model year 2000, including Wayne.
Go to Top of Page

C2FAN

United States
114 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  08:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe this is/was just a publicity picture taken of one of their first prototype units. The black skirt isn't available to order.
Go to Top of Page

rickhamilton620

24 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  5:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickhamilton620's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by C2FAN

I believe this is/was just a publicity picture taken of one of their first prototype units. The black skirt isn't available to order.

quote:
Originally posted by Sherm

I've never seen a Euro-style mirror on anything older than model year 2000, including Wayne.

Thanks guys for answering! A shame about the C2 skirting, its good looking.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  5:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The black skirting on the C2 is available to order, to my knowledge. However, at a certain point that bus begins to be more black than yellow, so I think that is why it is rarely seen...yellow is so the bus can be seen!

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  8:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL. Try telling the folks in Clark County NV that! They paint their lower skirts on their ERs black AND the window posts, AND the ribon around the rear window! They even go as far as to extend the black lines created by the rub rails through every door on the bus!

=
Go to Top of Page

rickhamilton620

24 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  3:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickhamilton620's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BusFreak

LOL. Try telling the folks in Clark County NV that! They paint their lower skirts on their ERs black AND the window posts, AND the ribon around the rear window! They even go as far as to extend the black lines created by the rub rails through every door on the bus!

Hah, I saw pictures of some of Clark County's...they're certainly "unique" to say the least! :P
Go to Top of Page

RD9000

72 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  3:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are Euro style mirrors the ones now found on the Saf-T-Liner HDX? Or are you in reference to the ones on this picture of the C2?
Go to Top of Page

rickhamilton620

24 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  8:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit rickhamilton620's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RD9000

Are Euro style mirrors the ones now found on the Saf-T-Liner HDX? Or are you in reference to the ones on this picture of the C2?

Nope. Most HDX's have IntegraStyle mirrors. I was referring to these: http://www.roscomirrors.com/productline.php?doc_id=1115658909
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000