bus recalls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mik

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  11:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are your dealers handling recalls , or do the MFG's just send you the parts and want you to make the repairs / alterations yourselves .

sounds like a good way to push the blame elsewhere if something does happen in the future .

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  12:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am subscribed to this one LOL.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  1:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember Bluebird having us crawling around on the roofs with a template and drilling holes for more rivets. Bluebird also had us drilling holes and adding reinforcements to the seat rail area.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  06:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fastback

I remember Bluebird having us crawling around on the roofs with a template and drilling holes for more rivets. Bluebird also had us drilling holes and adding reinforcements to the seat rail area.

LOL- lot different than working on cars! Can you imagine Ford wanting you to drill holes in their roofs?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

JustinB
Advanced Member

United States
490 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  08:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thomas Built is being a bit selective about Customer Performed Campaigns. Check with you dealer on these. You will find that dealerships may vary widely on how they handle field coampaigns & who they let perform their own work.

If you get a campaign notification with one response card, call your dealer to coordinate repairs.
If you get a campaign notification that has 2 response cards, send in the first card (address verification) so that you end up with the parts in your hands. Once those parts arrive, coordinate with your dealer to get the repair done and have any claims handled smoothly.

I may not know the answer but I can usually find who does.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  08:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(begin rant) And yet another power cable orientation recall R10RW. 1/2 hour to inspect and potentially create more problems while pulling the PDU back. How many times are we gonna pull that PDU? I have drivers with all kinds o crap in the way, trashcans, baskets, fire ext, etc. Plus I installed a brace under all my manual door controls to the floor to stop the bouncing and the door popping open. (end rant)
Have Phun!!!

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Edited by - Wolf0r on 06/08/2010 08:37:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  08:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

(begin rant) And yet another power cable orientation recall R10RW. 1/2 hour to inspect and potentially create more problems while pulling the PDU back. How many times are we gonna pull that PDU? I have drivers with all kinds o crap in the way, trashcans, baskets, fire ext, etc. Plus I installed a brace under all my manual door controls to the floor to stop the bouncing and the door popping open. (end rant)
Have Phun!!!

That's the way all this works don't you know!!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  02:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You would think that after all these years of EVERY bus make having power wire routing recalls that SOMEONE at the factory would be smart enough to do it correctly. Holy mother of...
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  07:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another recall policy of Bluebird's is to send out all of them at once to your customers. Then you get flooded with phone calls and drop-offs. Yes it's good for business but a month before school starts blows.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  5:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All of ours go back to the dealers, we get very good support from transportation drivers and from the dealerships. To us, it is a liability issue.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  09:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doing the R10RW on a older beta-vision 2003-2005 sux! All the darn cables are too long and routed by retards.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Edited by - Wolf0r on 07/21/2010 09:01:41 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000