Electrical Schema, 1990 Blue-Bird Micro-Bird
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

94AmTranVolunteer
Advanced Member

264 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  4:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said on Baden Transportation, you are going to need to wait until I can get a Electrical Schema found.

Now your Electrical Schema, can be viewed on FlickR at
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4567837967_8bdbc59c7e_o.jpg

should help!!!

check all circuitry.

talked to a mechanic?

dead battery?

have any more 's?

good luck!

GFroh

8 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  6:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFroh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MOD NOTE: Should probably be combined with Help Fixing '90 BB Micro topic.

CC on the Schema. We put a fresh battery in, so that can't be the problem. On the lift itself, it has a note that "the lift interlock jumper must be bypassed to immobilize the controls". Has this been done, and if so, how would I go about undoing it? I can't find any controls under the bus, even though that's where the control cable goes. Anyone have any advice for me on this part? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

94AmTranVolunteer
Advanced Member

264 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  7:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like the wires go to the Control Panel of the bus.

What probably that means is the Wires from the WheelChair Lift go under the bus to the Circuit Breaker Panel to the Switch.

Drawing Diagram...

much better!

Answering Electrical Problems One at a Time.
Go to Top of Page

94AmTranVolunteer
Advanced Member

264 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  7:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3466/4569977860_4f469ea6cc_o.jpg

Go to Top of Page

GFroh

8 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  06:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFroh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Allright... now, if the CB was popped, the Pilot wouldn't light, would it?

Hm. Where would I find the control and CB boxes under the bus? no luck so far...
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  09:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 94AmTranVolunteer

Like I said on Baden Transportation, you are going to need to wait until I can get a Electrical Schema found.

Now your Electrical Schema, can be viewed on FlickR at
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4567837967_8bdbc59c7e_o.jpg

should help!!!

check all circuitry.

talked to a mechanic?

dead battery?

have any more 's?

good luck!

Your post has so many smiley faces and odd references that it has me confused out of my mind.

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  10:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Two common problems- fuse or breaker on the frame popped
-Defective park brake switch or park brake not applied
Go to Top of Page

GFroh

8 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  11:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFroh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jake: I feel your pain.. :):):)

Cal Mc: Thought that might be it, where would it be? If the PB switch was bad, would the Pilot flash? I know when the PB is applied, the Dash light doesn't illuminate...
Go to Top of Page

94AmTranVolunteer
Advanced Member

264 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  7:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GFroh

Allright... now, if the CB was popped, the Pilot wouldn't light, would it?

Hm. Where would I find the control and CB boxes under the bus? no luck so far...

Well, there should not be any Circuit Breaker Boxes under the bus, check your PDU (Power Distrubition Unit) for your fuses or circuit breakers for your chassis. A Circuit Brekaer is a Fast-Resetting type of overload or short circuit portector. Unlike a fuse, you can reset it faster and not have to get a new one.

True, if the Circuit Breaker was tripped, the Pilot Lamp would not illuminate (light), so that can not be it. Talk to a mechanic, but have you checked for shorts (can't be it, because the Pilot Lamp would not illuminate in that case). Talk with your Mechanic until I can think of some more "Should Help!" things.

Go to Top of Page

94AmTranVolunteer
Advanced Member

264 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  7:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay, are you sure that all the motor has no short, all wires that are supposed to be connected to the motor are. if not, then thats why the light is glowing all the time. it could be a error light, or a light that tells you that there is power to the lift. read the instruction manual that comes with the lift, or add a electrical schema to FlickR so i can see it.

Go to Top of Page

GFroh

8 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  11:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFroh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a note, I have NO manuals for this bus, lift or otherwise...

It's a Braun L219 or such...

Edited by - GFroh on 05/03/2010 11:36:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  3:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I realize that our units are a little newer,but I just checked Micro-Birds in a 2001,2005,2007. There is a breaker inside the right frame rail at the stairwell location.
Go to Top of Page

GFroh

8 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  5:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFroh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
copy, thanks. I'll look there. Where would the control box be? Is it just the right-side box and such?
Go to Top of Page

94AmTranVolunteer
Advanced Member

264 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  6:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think putting a circuit breaker is (1: a damage to any electrical equipment hazard. (2: when this breaker trips, you will need to crawl under the bus. (3: a shorting hazard.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000