School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 We are attracting spammers and riff raff.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  06:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whenever I do a google search on engine, trans, brakes etc pertaining to a bus, usually SBF is in the top 10 hits. SBF Professional Garage is the place to be if you want help with a broke bus. Now we are getting new members, some joined because they own a medium duty rig and we have close chassis setups like a bus. That is great because we may need help from them sometime. Others want to spam us with crap, or come in the forums and gather lists. I think security should be tightened up here a bit. If ya wanna advertise see the SBF admins, quit with the chinese spam.

Edited by - Wolf0r on 05/11/2010 06:34:24 AM

NWCROWN
Advanced Member

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  09:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree, I have noticed a lot of replies in topics which are either ads for businesses that have little to no relevance to the topic at hand, or are all jibberish. Something needs to be done.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  09:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would agree. Problem is it is hard to do that. The best way is to have to validate a membership by hand. This takes time and I'm sure Brad is like the rest of us when it comes to time.

We are having this problem with our antique tractor club site called prairiedays. I just have to go in there and clean it out every day. And we don't have near the traffic that there is on thsi forum. I would say that is what is happening here too. But I see there is still some spam here. I would say ol' Brad just hasn't been on here yet. Look for it to disapear and a message from Brad in the not too distant future.

Bryan

Edited by - bwest on 05/11/2010 09:10:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  09:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What did I tell you? Just no post from Brad.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

WillWho

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  5:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit WillWho's Homepage  Send WillWho an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I noticed the Chinese parts spam in a bunch of posts yesterday. I'm glad to see that they are gone today.

As you can tell, I have a lot of time on my hands. If anyone needs help with cleaning out the spam stuff, just send me an email and tell me how to do it, and it shall be done! :)

It's not worthing doing if you're not having fun.

When the kids ask how old I am, I tell them, "Old enough to have helped create the formula for dirt, but young enough to still enjoy playing in it."
Go to Top of Page

NWCROWN
Advanced Member

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  11:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you to the person who removed the garbage.
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  3:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think our moderator is doing a teriffic job! Kudos to Brad!

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.

Edited by - IBTMech on 05/12/2010 3:54:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  2:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IBTMech

I think our moderator is doing a teriffic job! Kudos to Brad!

I agree.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000