Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT360 waterpump
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scoobydoo6v92

60 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  5:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit scoobydoo6v92's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello I noticed when I was running my bus that I saw water spray coming from the engine. I hear this rattling sound and actually see the pully moving in an orbital fashion and coolant spraying from it. How hard is it to replace the waterpump it is not far from a failure. I need to move the bus to my house soon only 1200 feet from where it is now in the school parking lot. If it makes it to the house I can wait till spring to replace it. But how much would a used one cost versus a remanufactured one? Also would a DT466 pump fit? I was getting heat lastnight when I drove it home and the temp was holding at 170 degrees. So I know it just started happening either today or on the way home lastnight. Please anyone have any advice? Thanks Scoob.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  7:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here again I am not much of an IH man but don't fool around with a used pump. As for your temp. as long as you have enough coolant in the system you will not see a difference. Moving it 1200 feet is not problem but I wouldn't want to trust it out on the route (or where ever you drive it). Water pumps are like changing the power cord on a computer, not hard.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  8:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would also advise against a used pump.
1993 or older DT466 may be the same pump.
1994 or newer DT466 definately not the same pump.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  09:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you can see that pulley wobbling I would unhook the belts before trying to drive it the 1200 feet and risk any more damage. If that shaft breaks you can kiss your radiator goodbye. Seen it happen.

I'm pretty sure the older DT466 water pump will not fit the DT360. Price out a reman from your Navistar dealer. They're not that expensive.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  11:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DT360 is pretty simple to put a pump on. It shouldnt take more then 45 min. Give your dealer the last 8 of the VIN. and youll be good to go. I think that pump is 200 bucks or so. Dont waste time on a used pump

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000