Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Service manuals for Safe-T-Liner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BUSBOOB

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  6:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit BUSBOOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, this forum appears to be quite a wealth of information. I'm a newbie here and was wondering if anyone out there has any service manuals for a Cat 3116 engine serial# starting with 7H and also a 1993 Thomas Safe-T-Liner ER 84 passenger I could purchase?

I have a couple questions regarding the manuals on these buses.

1. Is there 1 service manual from Thomas that covers body, chassis, electrical? Or are they all seperate?

2. Would all the plumbing, hydraulics, cooling fan configuration be Thomas or CAT?

Thanks guys
Dan

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  8:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not a Thomas man by no means. So someone may have some better information. Over the years it has been a good rule of thumb if it is yellow it is Cat. Most of the time there are some sensors on the engine that belong to the chassis manufacturer. Most of the time it is just coolant and oil sensors. As for the manuals most of the time there is one for the body and one for the chassis. Then of course there is also one for the engine.

Hope this helps and maybe someone else can add to it.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

JustinB
Advanced Member

United States
490 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  05:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ER is pretty much self contained in the same manual. Thomas was/is responsable for the engineering & sourcing on both the chassis & the body. I may amend this post laster If I can get you to some non password protected hyper-links.

Gah! No luck on the public domain links. The only things I could find were the FS-65 & C2 on the http://accessfreightliner.com/

Contact your local Thomas Dealer & they can get you on-line access to the http://www.thomasbusonline.com website. From the time they email in the applcation to the time you recieve an e-mail back with your password is usually within 1 hour, unless Kim is on lunch or stuck in a meeting.

If you are looking for an electrical drawing or part email your SN to me & I'll dig up the information & get it headed your way. Your local TBB dealer can do the same.

I may not know the answer but I can usually find who does.

Edited by - JustinB on 01/14/2010 05:26:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  1:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 1992's and 1995's ER's w/2BK and 9GK CAT s/n's. Nothing past the air compressor will be in the CAT manual. The hyd pump, flow control,and fan motors on my buses are Danfoss and Webster. The parts have been hard to find for quite a while and retrofitting is the norm.

These people have been quite a bit of help to me in the Seattle area store:

http://www.applied.com/site.cfm/hydraulics.cfm?WT.ac=Hydraulics_Home
Go to Top of Page

BUSBOOB

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  6:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit BUSBOOB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips!! I'll keep searching!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000