New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  12:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 04 Thomas/Chevy G van chassis with a battery drain. After investigation I found that the 8 way lamp switch has rocker with an "off" on it. This is 12v with the key off and body dead. Leaving the switch on notch up activates a relay for the weldon flasher. It is drawing about 1/4 amp. My question is does that switch supposed to be 12v battery wired? I was thinking about moving it to the body solenoid side so it's dead with key off.

JustinB
Advanced Member

United States
490 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  12:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What you have is the standard wiring. There are a lot of FS-65s out there with a dash label stating "TURN THE AMBER SWITCH TO OFF!!!"

I may not know the answer but I can usually find who does.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  1:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One question would be: Does the school district require the lights to work at all times, key in the ignition, or not? If they don't need the 8-ways to power up in all scenerios, you could change it.
But let's say you had a wheelchair bus and the driver was away from the front working the lift, say with students on board, in an area where you needed 8-ways, you probably wouldn't want the bus running, or sitting unoccupied with the keys in the ignition...
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  2:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mechan1c

One question would be: Does the school district require the lights to work at all times, key in the ignition, or not? If they don't need the 8-ways to power up in all scenerios, you could change it.
But let's say you had a wheelchair bus and the driver was away from the front working the lift, say with students on board, in an area where you needed 8-ways, you probably wouldn't want the bus running, or sitting unoccupied with the keys in the ignition...

Yes it has a lift. I'll have to use Justin's suggestion and install a label.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000