New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  11:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on a 06 CE200 with an electric stop arm. It has been freezing up durning this cold snap. I checked to see if the heating element is getting power and it is not. Opening the door to the electrical system I found the yellow wire that checks back to the element via an ohm test is not hooked up. It has a plastic hardshell conector but it is not plugged in. Does anyone know where this is supose to go? I have them hooked to the heated mirrors on my BBs so I checked the power coming from the mirror switch and blew up two test light bulbs. What gives with this? I thought I knew that the heated mirrors were 12 volts. I guess I'm slipping.

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  1:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What stop arm option do you have?
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  1:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I don't know to what you refer. It is electric?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  2:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have Transpec's like these:

http://www.smiglobal.net/products/product.php?id=70&m=5

I thought I'd find out if we were working on the same stuff, otherwise my info may not be applicable...
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  2:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm slow today I guess. I understand now (duh!!). Mine are Specialty.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Jim Kimmel

7 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  2:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jim  Kimmel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bryan call me at 866-366-7173 ex 1381 I can help you jim.kimmel@midwesttransit.com
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  5:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a crossing arm or stop arm? None of our stop arms have heating elements in them and we have updated the ones with microswitches and relays to the new solid state control.
Now the crossing arms, thats a differant story, if there are microswitches in them you about have to have the heater in them in this climate.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  12:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
West, are your mirrors 12v? Have you tested output voltage with a DVM?That's weird blowing a test lamp. Maybe they are using an inverter setup on those CE buses? 110v? That heater like you said I would hook to that mirror circiut if 12v.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  2:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim from Midwest says they have to be 12v. So when I get it back in here the heater in the stop arm is getting hooked to the gray wire. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Won't be till Tuesday now.

Happy MLK day. Sure wish we lived in the world he invisioned (judge a man by the content of his charater not the color of his skin)

Bryan

Edited by - bwest on 01/15/2010 2:12:08 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000