Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 No throttle when in gear
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gibby

United States
13 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  7:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit gibby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2005 Ford E450 Minatour school bus with a 6.0 engine. I just did a PM on it last week and it ran great. I changed all filters, engine oil, transmission fluid and greased it. It came back to the shop billowing heavy black smoke and no power. There is plenty of throttle in PARK or Neutral. When it is put in gear, there is no throttle, it's an Automatic by the way.It feels like it isn't shifting into the next gear.Thank GOD this is my only one of these beasts. Could it be the TPS,NSS,or tranny related???

L.J.D

United States
173 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  05:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ford=junk
Go to Top of Page

gibby

United States
13 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  06:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit gibby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This Ford is a Diesel Engine with 45,265 Miles
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  07:27:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe you knocked something loose servicing it? I have done it before. Not junk but a pain in the butt to work on though. Ever put belts on one? LOL

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

busmech

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  08:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we also have one of these great E450 with the 6.0 engine.
maybe coincidence.try changeing your air filter.your right,
they are great to work on LOL

" if it was easy everyone would be doing it"
Go to Top of Page

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  08:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My guess is that the VGT solenoid is either unplugged or the VGT itself is stuck.

Ford has had wiring harness issues with these engines, but you do not mention any CEL, so I am guessing the harness is not the source of the problem.

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  3:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you just worked on it, did the fuel filter, check the hoses for the air cleaner. Make sure they were reinstalled correclty. If not check them carefully that the belt didn't wear through them and that the belt is ok also.
Go to Top of Page

yellow53

5 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  08:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit yellow53's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gibby how did you ever make out with this. We are having the same problem, over and over. The turbo has been replaced SEVERAL times too. Help!
Gary
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  09:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellow53

Gibby how did you ever make out with this. We are having the same problem, over and over. The turbo has been replaced SEVERAL times too. Help!
Gary

If it was mine I would replace the EGR valve.

We have a 140,000 mile 2004 6.0 E450 and outside of normal servicing that is the only component we have had to replace.
Rule of thumb on the 6.0; no power, lots of black smoke, check EGR valve for being stuck open.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

ajbintlteck

2 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  05:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajbintlteck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
inspect the ebp sensor and check if the exh back psi sen. tube is pluged up
Go to Top of Page

scoobydoo6v92

60 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  11:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit scoobydoo6v92's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had that engine in an F250 and personally I think it out performed my now current 6.4 Power stroke, but they from what Ford says that they have a head bolt problem and they stretch and so head gasket blew I had lots of white smoke and no power what so ever.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000