Venetech heat generators
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  6:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm impressed with the simplicity of the Venetech system. It isn't an engine heater system. A plug-in block heater is required for cold weather starting but the rapid heater warm up provided by this product sounds like a plus.
http://www.ventechlhg.com/Welcome.html

I'd like to hear from anyone with experience with these units.(Oricharger)

Ron, are these available as an option on IC buses? It appears that the compressor would plug right in to the Maxxforce DT where the AC compressor would mount.

Edited by - IBTMech on 11/23/2009 6:59:38 PM

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  5:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, we have two of the Ventech liquid heat generators, they make an impressive differance in bus warmup time. One of ours is on a 2008 VT365 and the other on a 2010 MaxxForce 7. They easily mounted above the alternator where I assume an OEM A/C compressor would have mounted. They are thermostatically controlled and also have an on/ off switch if you don't desire them to operate.
While they are not able to preheat the coolant before the engine starts, they don't require a mounting box in the skirt, need no pump or fuel lines, no exhaust, no timers, no engine off battery draw, need little or no maintenance and are dependable.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  7:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the price on these installed?
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  7:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichBusman

What is the price on these installed?

Likely to be in the $1800 area.

Go to Top of Page

Bmar

9 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  12:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bmar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone

Noticed this thread, and with winter here I thought I'd post up a video we just created last weekend showing the Ventech Liquid Heat Generator in action. Once you see it, you'll know why it's the fastest and most efficient idle-reduction technology on the market today. It gets your fleet out on the road fast... saving fuel costs, labor costs and creating a safe and comfortable environment for the driver and passengers.

Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA2bPKRsjG0

We have install kits for 33 different bus/engine combos from all bus manufacturers, with more on the way.

Full disclosure, I work for Ventech. If you're interested in learning more about the LHG or installing them on your fleet, feel free to call the number in the video, or e-mail me at bmartin at ventechlhg dot com.

Thanks for looking!

B. Martin

Ventech LLC

Edited by - Bmar on 12/14/2011 1:30:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  4:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good. What's the cost? How hard are they to install?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

tlbc

9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  03:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit tlbc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have one of these works good if you can keep it running. I have one word for this system JUNK.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  05:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

I am a believer, we have 4 of them, noticeable differance in warm up time. 2 to 3 hours to install, on our units they mount where an A/C compressor would have been. Read my previuos posts in this thread.
Now installed on; One VT365, two MaxxForce 7s and one 2012 6.7 Cummins.

Edited by - Fastback on 12/15/2011 05:03:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  05:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So if you have air already you can't install these?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  06:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to install one on a Freightliner we have with the MBE engine. It is slow warming up but getting the boss to spend the cash will take some work.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  06:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hopefully the Ventech guy will answer that. All I am saying is that on the applications I have, the unit mounted where an OEM A/C compressor would have been.

Go to Top of Page

Bmar

9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  10:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bmar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

The cost depends on the engine and bus make/model, but a ballpark figure is around $1700-$1800 each. Quantity discounts are available.

Pretty easy to install. Takes two to four hours. Install the brackets, install the unit, then plumb in the coolant lines and finally install the harness. Everything is included... hoses, nuts, bolts even the serpentine belt.
Go to Top of Page

Bmar

9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bmar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tlbc

I have one of these works good if you can keep it running. I have one word for this system JUNK.

That's unfortunate to hear. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction. If you'd care to e-mail your contact info to me, we'll see if we can get your issues resolved. My e-mail address is bmartin at ventechlhg dot com.
Go to Top of Page

Bmar

9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  10:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bmar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

We have some kits that are for engines with air conditioning, but in some cases, the AC compressor simply makes it impossible to find enough room on the engine to mount the LHG. Best thing to do is to let us know which engine you have and we can see if we have a kit.
Go to Top of Page

Bmar

9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  10:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bmar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

I would like to install one on a Freightliner we have with the MBE engine. It is slow warming up but getting the boss to spend the cash will take some work.

We sell a lot of LHGs for the MBE engine. If you'd like me to help with talking to the boss let me know!
Go to Top of Page

Bmar

9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  10:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bmar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am a believer, we have 4 of them, noticeable differance in warm up time. 2 to 3 hours to install, on our units they mount where an A/C compressor would have been. Read my previuos posts in this thread.
Now installed on; One VT365, two MaxxForce 7s and one 2012 6.7 Cummins.

Thanks, Fastback. I'm very happy to hear that and I appreciate your feedback as well as your business. If you feel like it, drop me a line at bmartin at ventechlhg dot com. We like to keep in touch with our customers!
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  11:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little pricy for me. I don't have trouble with warm up on a propane burner. lol That might put you guys out of the business. lol Just ribing you a little. There will always be people who want to stay with antiquated technology. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  11:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a great concept that could implemented into an electric vehicle, It might even work well with a regenerative braking system. The boss wants to see more propane availability in more areas before jumping into one. I have a 8.1 on the route that could use a roush conversion. Anyway man good luck on selling a bunch of them, I could use the install work.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Bmar

9 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  12:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bmar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By the way, I just noticed that the website listed in the OP is wrong/outdated.

Go here for Ventech's website: www.ventechlhg.com
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  12:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would note that you can order a new Thomas C2 with factory installed Ventech LHG, get 9 mpg, have an easy 500 mile range on a tank of fuel, not worry about the hocus pocus fuel price credits and other incentives expiring, get a proven B Series Cummins and still save roughly $7,750* on initial purchase over a propane bus with an aluminum headed V10 that Ford doesn't use in any truck larger than an F650 with a 29,000 GVWR.

*easily obtained unnamed state bid base price quote differance on 65 pass BB Propane vs. 65 pass C2 with Ventech LHG.

Edited by - Fastback on 12/15/2011 2:23:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  10:12:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Well, there you go again." (Ronald Reagan election 1980) Had to put that in there, that was the first thing that came to mind Wolf.

As for you points, I don't really want to re-hash some of this stuff but the new generation diesels are so dog gone complicated I don't really know where to start. How about this: Funding cuts = longer time on the road for your fleet = more breakdowns = big money spent on repairing these complicated machines. All of the complication is taken away with a propane engine.

As for fueling locations go here http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/locator/stations/ Put in your zip and how many miles from your location you want to locate a station and click go.

Also be sure to check with your local propane supplier to see if they will put in a station for you for selling the propane to you. They get funds back from the feds (for now) to install a station.

On the Ford V10, I don't think they are as bad as a 6.0 diesel from Navistar. Just a short story here; I have a neighbor that has been looking for a truck for a while. He wants a diesel and would prefer a Ford but after asking around and looking on line he is convinced that he will never own a 6.0. Seams that there have been many horror stories of owners having to swallow a big repair bill just after they went out of warranty. I guess my point is, if Ford was having trouble with that V10 you would think it would be everywhere. Now I know there are some people having trouble but I don't think it's that wide spread.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000