Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Strange Electrons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  4:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my 05 IC 300 has some gremlins in the electrical system. i turned key on and the wipers started and kept going until the key was turned off, "the wiper switch was in the off position". i turned the key on again and the wipers were normal. i tried to wash the windshield, while pushing the washer the brake light would go out and then back on when the washer was released. during this the wipers did not start as they should. next i turned the wipers on, they wiped as designed, then pushed the washer, the wipers stopped and the brake light went out until the washer was released, the wipers started again and the brake light came back on. next i tried several other electrical items. when i tried the exterior lamp check the indicator light on the switch blinked 4 times and went off. the lamps did not check. i pushed the switch to the off position even though the lights were not checking and the blinker indicators, the high beam indicator flashed, the low fuel light came on and stayed on and the fuel gauge went to empty. the check electrical system warning came on. turn the key off and back on to clear the warning lamp and all was reset until the lamp check was tried again. i needed this bus for a long field trip the next morning, as i had no choice i ran it. three times during the trip after hitting bumps in the road the blinker and high beam indicators flashed, the low fuel light came on and the fuel gauge went to empty and the check electrical light came on. the bus ran fine during the trip.

Carl_Pa

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  03:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All that can be said is WOW. You most likley have a wire back feeding you system. Have you han any extra devices added like video monitoring,2 way radio ect... I have seen small wires cause big problems. I would look first at the wiper power starting at the fuse box, then the switch area. Happy hunting
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  03:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the only item added has been a 12 volt outlet for phone and GPS which has been in use for 4 plus years.

Mr. Scott, "because he drives a COOL BUS"
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  05:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It sounds like what you are having problems with is part of or included in the multiplex system. 05 should be multiplex at least the 05's I have here are MP. ck for stored codes in the dash cluster from the body controller

I would start by cking for loose grounds and or connections under dash and at fire wall. also look at plugs on the body ECM (should be located behind stepwell heater)for a loose plug or wiring problem. sounds like there is a loose or partially broken connection somewhere if it acts up when you hit a bump. The two solenoids in side electrical panel will cause odd things to happen when they aren't working correctly also. It is possible you have a problem in the Body ECM but I have 28 IC's from 05 to new and have yet to have to replace an ECM, So that would be on the bottom of my list of possible causes.

They can be fun! Good luck.

Edited by - slippert on 11/17/2011 11:59:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2011 :  5:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it went to the international dealer to have the gremlins removed.

Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  8:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it were a faulty starter switch. picked it up and made a trip today.

Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  9:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just started working for IC two months ago. They have a problem on the assembly line on connecting and tightening ground cables and hot cables. If anyone has a repeat of this topic try connecting a jumper cable from the battery ground to the body temporarily. If the problem goes away, you have a missing or loose ground. Also, double check the nuts at the battery kill switch if you have one. Remember the basics! It's easy to forget electrical 101. With all of the electronics on vehicles today we tend to think sensor or module or ECM. Remember that every circuit requires clean power from the source and ground. Always check these first.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000