Favorite driver?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  5:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
For anyone that rides a bus, who has been your favorite driver so far? And for those who drive a bus, who is your favorite co-worker at the yard? Or if you remember the times when you rode a bus, who was your favorite driver?

I'd say my favorites are Mrs. Joanne and Mrs. Cindy. Mrs. Joanne I've only had as a driver 2-3 months during my 10th grade year. Mrs. Cindy is my new bus driver for this school year. They are both funny as heck, and in most ways, have the same personality I do. This afternoon, there was this pickup truck driving in front of us. Heck, he was slower than our bus was! Then Mrs. Cindy says "What are we doing? Sight seeing?" Then when she pulls up to my stop, the truck obviously kept going, and she said "Go ahead. You've got a head start." LOL, she is such an AWESOME bus driver! Anyway, who are some of your favorites?

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  6:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite driver is Mrs. *erson. She was my driver for 9th and 10th Grade. When I started riding her bus she had 1531, a 2001 AmTran RE. Later that year, she got 1629, a 2004 IC RE 200.

Mrs. *erson is a great driver that the kids love. She still drives today and still has 1629.
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  7:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm an Operations Manager, but I can tell you my favorite driver. His name is Arthur. He is a very kind, good-hearted man and drives the bus safely. When ever I check the buses doing their routes, he always lets kids off at the intersection, puts the bus in N and Emergency brake, and drives safely. Paper work is always on time, and I even get calls from parents saying that they want him next year for their child! That is very rare to get calls like that!

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

pcbuilder03

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  8:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably this woman named Barbie, for the second half of my sophomore year. She was really cool and funny, listened to 80's rock (the good stuff), and liked to talk about her dream Harley.

There are three kinds of people - those who can count and those who can't.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  03:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hands-down it was "Biker Barb". She was a major Harley woman to say the lease, and not a small woman by any means. Kinda scary looking! She drove one of our handicap routes and quite honestly was the perfect fit for the job. The kids loved her and she loved them. Not to mention the shock factor of seeing a biker chick driving a short vista! She used to enjoy the looks that the people at bike rallies and such would give her when she told them what she did for a living.

She quit and moved away to remarry a couple of years ago...I hated to see her go.
Go to Top of Page

98tc2000

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  08:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Send 98tc2000 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some of my favorite drivers are Mrs.*metz, Mrs.*uhn, Ms. *erri, Mrs. *ox,

Bus 20 A 1998 Blue Bird TC2000

Bus 35 A 1999/2000 Blue Bird TC1000
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  3:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favroite driver I road with was Mrs. Baker she is the one who taught me the most about buses and she was so friendly. My favorite driver I work with is Ms. Jo she and I park next to each other we talk all the time and she has taught me so much she like a grandmother to me.

IC-The Golden Shield of School Transportation
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  7:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bus9709, nice signature! I always like pictures of cars or buses with their lights on! I don't know why, but always had a thing for it.

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  7:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OperationsM

Bus9709, nice signature! I always like pictures of cars or buses with their lights on! I don't know why, but always had a thing for it.

Same here. LOL! Once it gets darker in the mornings, I can get pictures of the buses at my school with their lights on.
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  7:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wandering, do the drivers get mad at you for taking pictures of that?

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  7:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OperationsM

Just wandering, do the drivers get mad at you for taking pictures of that?

No, they don't mind.

Edited by - Bus9709 on 08/09/2006 7:55:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  8:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just have another question for you...lol, just tell me to shut up if I'm getting too chatty! I noticed your profile says that you want to become a school bus driver. My question is if you would want to have a position in operations instead, like supervisor, operations manager? Would you want to do that instead? Hope I'm not annoying you by asking that, just want to know your opinion.

Hotel's Ford Girardin
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  8:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Probaly my favorite driver would be Dave who was my driver for four school years in middle school. When I rode his bus (he now has a new one) he was driving bus 3 - '91 Carpenter International which is now a spare. He installed a radio on that bus when he first recieved it so he'd always have that on. He was strict, but still was always on task with his job. Also, he was very humorous which is always a big plus in a bus driver. I still talk or wave to him whenever I see him.
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  8:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL! It's ok, you're not annoying me. And I think I'd just want to drive buses.
Go to Top of Page

OperationsM
Top Member

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  8:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit OperationsM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a helpful suggestion for you Bus9709 since you're a kid. Marry an Indian so you'll get a life time of tech support! LOL I'm just joking!

Hotel's Ford Girardin

Edited by - OperationsM on 08/09/2006 8:28:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  8:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Intersting...LOL!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000