Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 63

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  4:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I didnt get any buses. We really dont need anything right now but I dont like to let those 52's get away. Those are hard to get with no lift and a auto. trans. I been getting a couple from Loudon Co. but they are even getting hard to come by. Thanks again for the heads up! I really appreciate it.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

bsaund09
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  07:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Send bsaund09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sure, have you ever checked out the North Carolina State school bus sales site . They have all kinds of buses every size and year just mainly they are all Thomas built but they have low mileage.

keep those buses rolling
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/schoolbushistory
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  07:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah
i've browsed through N.C. but they seem to be older and are kind of pricey. I do like the Thomas body the best. Hopefully we will be getting a bus or two this summer. I've got two 5 speed buses I'd like to replace.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

United States
129 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  5:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear School Bus Fleet Friends,

With great sadness I have to report that we have lost one of our forum members. Rick Williams a.k.a. Disneynuts lost his battle to cancer last Friday. As you may know Williams Bus Lines is a Northern Virginia school bus contactor for the private and parochial schools. The company will continue with the family operating it as it has been since 1983.

A message from Rick's family

Hello Family and Friends,

Thank you all for your loving care and support. As we are saddened by the passing of my daddy, we have the following information for his celebration of life service.

The service will be held on Saturday, November 14th at 11:30am at
The Alive Gathering Ministries
6820A Commercial Drive
Springfield, Virginia 22151

Donations to the American Cancer Society in Rick's name in lieu of flowers.

Please send your thoughts and prayers to Rick and his wonderful family.

Rick's journal can be found here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/rickwilliams/journal

Thanks,

James Day, CDPT
Executive Secretary, VAPT
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  4:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed chatting with him. He will be missed.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  4:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey bsaund09, keep your head above water. Hope you dont get flooded out.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

bsaund09
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  12:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Send bsaund09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, thanks no flooding on this street but plenty of streets still covered in water. We lost power during the night Thursday and was restored today- saturday.I hear we have a bus with a tree on the top of it.

keep those buses rolling
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/schoolbushistory
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  3:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to here all is good. No major issues here except a lot of roof issues with hatches leaking. Other than that no problems. I have to come your way football this Saturday to play finals at Isle of Wight Academy. I would have liked to seen that barge up on the beach. I caught a glimpse on the news.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  5:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any updates from anyone on the Roanoke contract? I'm really interested in hearing how that is going.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

SWVA Busdriver

7 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  7:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit SWVA Busdriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know someone who drives for Roanoke and it has been tough with route issues and lack of drivers...PR in the news was not good at first. I know the drivers lost sick days and personal days and retirement...but pay is decent.. I hear they are training new drivers daily and still have garage people driving..Much turnover..State regs. have made it difficult for them also as a contract operation..Geared toward public run operation....Seems also much of the problems there are because of Roanoke City management issues that the contractor had to deal with...
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  7:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it would be rocky for the first year. I work for a private school which merged with another school and adjusting to the new way of doing things is not always accepted at first. I can imagine the contractor had their hands full with good 'ol government mangagement and drivers and staff angry over losing their benefits. It seems like it would be tough to make a profit with the state regs. like you are talking about. SWVA, where do you drive? I'm Transportation/Grounds Maintenance Dir. at Blessed Sacrament Huguenot Catholic School in Powhatan, Va. Dont let the title fool you. Basically I'm a driver that works on buses and cuts grass.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

SWVA Busdriver

7 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  5:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit SWVA Busdriver's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a driver , and trainer for Montgomery County schools. This be my 31st year driving.. I have a few friends that drive at other systems near me and in other parts of Va. Met several of them at state conferences and bus driving competions.
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  5:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well its nice to meet you. I enjoy chatting with other drivers and mechanics, especially from Virginia. I looked at a couple of buses that were sold on public surplus.com from Montgomery Co. a couple of weeks ago. We buy all of our buses used so I'm always on the look out. Some of my family is from Carroll Co. and I do love traveling down that way every year for reunion. I've been in this buisness for almost 14 years and have really enjoyed every day of it.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  4:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.floridachurchbus.com/96vistava/rightrain.jpg

Prince William County?

http://floridachurchbus.com/90m5834tp3208/two.html

Anyone know? It doesn't look like it's from Prince William.
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2009 :  08:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think either one of those are from Prince William. For the Vista, by 1996, they were getting tinted windows. The second one i REALLY don't think is prince william for two reasons. It looks to have an air door, and it has green seats. It could be any one of many Virginia districts as it looks to be speced as a trip bus (storage, etc.). Quite a few districts bought a handful of REs to use as trip buses (york county is the first that comes to mind). City of Richmond also had some Thomas ERs of that vintage in their fleet.

=
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  5:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That Vista is an old Henrico County bus and is actually a '95.
The pusher is an old City of Richmond bus. Rode hard and put up wet.
The Prince William pushers were '91 and up and had brown interior.
Both were at SMI this summer. We own a '96 from Henrico and it has a white roof, tinted glass, and is not high headroom.

Mr. Courtney Hardy

Edited by - hardybusman on 12/25/2009 12:34:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  5:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do we get record snow fall the FIRST day Christmas break and not the LAST day before we go back to school?

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2009 :  4:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! Been quite awhile since I've been on here. Remind who here is our Prince William County experts? I have a few buses I need to ID. Thanks! You can shoot me an email via the Contact Us page on my website: http://www.atlanticbusyard.com/Pages/Gen/Contact.html

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2009 :  12:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can only ID what I've seen for Prince William. But always up for a challenge. hardybusman@gmail.com

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  1:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MongoKen was the prince william county guru, but I havn't seen him on here for a LONG time. I'm decent with identifying their buses as well though. They tend to buy busses in spurts (meaning there are years with little or no purchases leaving gaps).

=
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  06:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hardybusman & BusFreak, shoot me an email via my website:

http://www.atlanticbusyard.com/Pages/Gen/Contact.html
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2009 :  2:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to and had trouble. Thats why I posted my address. I'll try again, my computer skills arent the greatest.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  11:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's nice to see an update at The Atlantic Bus Yard! :) I enjoyed seeing the new pics!

Can anyone say where this bus came from?

http://www.wesellschoolbuses.com/1188/DSC04519.JPG
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  1:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a tough one. Cant tell the specs really well but definately Va. and sitting at BGA Sales in Florida. IC RE 1629 I need to update my microsoft as it will not let me email through your website. If you send me an email I can respond through mine. If you dont want to do that it's cool.

Mr. Courtney Hardy

Edited by - hardybusman on 12/28/2009 8:05:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  07:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My first guess would be Chesapeake, however they were getting white roofs by 94, and that's clearly newer (MVP).

=
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  5:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its listed as a 99 on website. Anybody heard from bsaund09?

Mr. Courtney Hardy

Edited by - hardybusman on 12/29/2009 6:44:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

96AmTranRE

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  10:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit 96AmTranRE's Homepage  Send 96AmTranRE an AOL message  Reply with Quote
IC RE 1629, do you have any photos of your old bus#1531 or photos of your bus#1629 from Fairfax? and do you have any photos of the 1996 AmTran RE's Fairfax owns, 1425 and 1426?

Click on our logo to join!

Click on the link below to join my RP; New York Transportation:
http://www.newyorktransportationrp.smf2hosting.com/index.php

Click below to join Arkansas Bus Contractors And Sales website:
http://www.arkansasbuscontractorsandsales.smfnew.com/index.php

Josh P. Ward/AmTran/IC Bus fan.

God is so good! He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the Cross of Calvery for us, so that who so ever believes on Him, shall not perish, but having everlasting eternal life!

Edited by - 96AmTranRE on 12/30/2009 11:19:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  12:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
96AmTranRE, those materials will be coming soon. Keep watching the website, as we are in the process of a massive update. New FCPS material will be the last to be added, but there will be plenty to look at. Keep checking back.
Go to Top of Page

96AmTranRE

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  6:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit 96AmTranRE's Homepage  Send 96AmTranRE an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll be sure check to check back daily, thanks IC RE 1629, and I'm glad you have updates to your site daily, thanks again IC RE 1629

Click on our logo to join!

Click on the link below to join my RP; New York Transportation:
http://www.newyorktransportationrp.smf2hosting.com/index.php

Click below to join Arkansas Bus Contractors And Sales website:
http://www.arkansasbuscontractorsandsales.smfnew.com/index.php

Josh P. Ward/AmTran/IC Bus fan.

God is so good! He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the Cross of Calvery for us, so that who so ever believes on Him, shall not perish, but having everlasting eternal life!

Edited by - 96AmTranRE on 12/30/2009 6:37:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  5:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know the model years of the following Prince William buses?

http://rides.webshots.com/album/576065603toyfwF
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  06:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does Fairfax still have Waynes, or they all gone now?
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  3:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. Our last Wayne's (1989 Wayne Lifeguard Ford's) were retired the summer of 2008. Currently our oldest buses are 1990 Blue Bird TC/2000 FE's in the special ed department. All regular ed Blue Bird buses have been retired.
Go to Top of Page

hardybusman
Advanced Member

United States
470 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  7:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I owned a 1985 Ford Wayne from Fairfax. I miss that 'ol bus it was a very dependable one. Wish I had a picture of it. It belongs to a church now and it's still used quite regularly.

Mr. Courtney Hardy
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  8:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So, I think Arlington County is 100% done with the Rear Engine transit purchasing! They have been getting pretty intense with the C2 for the past 3 years or so, however today, i just saw a brand spanking new IC CE on the road! It looked great too, although it had one heck of a tail swing... especially for the tight turns all throughout Arlington! Has anyone else noticed the new reflective material that IC has been using for the "SCHOOL BUS" lettering on the roof caps? I've seen it on Fairfax, Arlington, and Loudoun county buses from this year. It's like a neon yellow color, and REALLY stands out! It would be cool if they used it for all of the reflective material on the bus!

=
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  5:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New Port News has just listed two Blue Bird TC2000 REs for sale on Public Surplus.

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=402789
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=402792

That reminds me, who is the Blue Bird dealer for Virginia?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2013 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000