School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 School Bus Equipment
 Enter Forum: School Bus Equipment
 Mexican models: The future of International?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Skewl Bus Boi
Advanced Member

USA
323 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2002 :  8:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking at Intl's website, and just for the hell of it checked out the Mexican site. It's all in Spanish, but the Autobuses section shows some models that look like the new look of the trucks. There's a coach/transity 3000 RE, then 2 versions of the 4700, one is a sloped front door-behind-wheel mini transit, and the other is a flat-back with a Blue Bird body. I like the designs of the headlights and grille on the first two...think we might be seeing this up in the US in the near future?

http://www.internationalcamiones.com

—Phil

"It's clear that you have a strong relationship with the school bus. Perhaps you should try picturing other people as school buses to strengthen your interpersonal relationships." —My Ex-Shrink

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  05:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like they're heading into the transit agency market. Those 4700 scd's look like the old "metro" walk in delivery type trucks from the 1950's! The future will be interesting if nothing else!
Joe

Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  11:23:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wanna view that site in English? Try AltaVista's Babelfish translator.

Post this link in the translation field: http://www.internationalcamiones.com/autobuses/default.asp and then hit translate after selecting "Spanish to English." It should work. It worked for me.

Gillig - The "DURACELL" of School Buses. http://www.geocities.com/gilligcoaches
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  6:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cool buses! I don't think I would mind too much if those bus models entered the U.S. marketplace.

A couple comments though:

1. The front headlight/turn signal design on the "3000 RE" motorcoach looking bus was taken from International's heavy-duty truck line-up. That design has been on the heavy-duty trucks for about 3-5 years now.

2. The logo on those "3000 RE" (motorcoah looking) buses was also taken from the heavy-duty truck line-up. The same logo that is on those buses has been used on the heavy-duty trucks for the past 3-5 years now as well.

I do like that 3000 RE. I also like the last bus with the Blue Bird body. I am not sure if I like the 2nd bus that looks a bit futuristic with the circular headlights. It kind of reminds me of a model made by Sterling actually. It does look a little odd, but I may grow to like it more!

------------------------------------------

Steven,

Thanks a lot for that site you told us about where we could go and translate that page. That was very helpful! It was nice to read all the info in English.

Edited by - B. Busguy33 on 03/29/2002 11:56:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  4:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Those SCD's or whatever they are called sure look like bread trucks!I do like the round headlights on some of them. Sterling did make a truck that had round headlights (I saw one yesterday).Congratualations on your 1000th post B.Busguy!
Silas J.

97-12 It will outrun your bus.
http://geocities.com/bluebirdtwelve/ReVampMaster

Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  6:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I won't mind seeing all the above pictures in the Us market they all look cool to me~!

BlueBird44-Blue Bird Built for Students.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  7:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What the hell they're starting to build the buses there, they might as well look like them.

"Thomas Parking Only- All others will be crushed."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000