New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2002 :  5:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On one of the Blue Bird Internationals I was looking at my dealer. I looked throught the door and over top of the drivers window was a black box and it had a door that opens it looks like it storage. It is something I never have seen on a Blue Bird.

BlueBird44-Anyone can drive a vehicle but it takes someone special to drive a School Bus

Sherm
Top Member

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2002 :  05:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Columbus Public Schools (OH) has a fleet of '89 Blue Birds with this storage area over the window. Definitely a good idea. I wish more buses came with handy storage places like this. The only problem would be moving the two-way radio if you mount it overhead like I do.

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2002 :  07:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What kind of storage? First aid? Personal belongings? Sherm, where are you from? I live not to far from Columbus schools. I am in Plain City at the Jonathan Alder Schools. We have a little black box in our buses but they are used for video cameras.

Ryan Lane
NewBeetleBugBlue2000@yahoo.com
www.plain.lib.oh.us/PCPLPizzaPirates.htm
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2002 :  07:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've never seen anything like that (excluding camera boxes).Our Blue Birds have a flap that the build plate is mounted on,that I think is some sort of storage.There might be some other place,but I think the main storgae area in a BB is the floor.The Thomases we own have a small oval shaped recessed panel that has the first aid kit and stuff like that.
Silas J.

97-12 It will outrun your bus.
Stop by http://geocities.com/bluebirdtwelve/

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2002 :  08:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've never seen anything like that (excluding camera boxes).Our Blue Birds have a flap that the build plate is mounted on,that I think is some sort of storage.There might be some other place,but I think the main storgae area in a BB is the floor.The Thomases we own have a small oval shaped recessed panel that has the first aid kit and stuff like that.
Silas J.

97-12 It will outrun your bus.
Stop by http://geocities.com/bluebirdtwelve/

Silas,

Is that panel in the front dome? The bus I ride has that in the dome and it is a 1988 International Thomas Built.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

Sherm
Top Member

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2002 :  10:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan - I am the guy from Dublin who emailed you a couple of months ago. The storage compartment over the window is for personal belongings. The CPS buses with this storage arrangement also have the bulkhead storage for emergency equipment (ala Thomas.) On Blue Birds, the bulkhead storage or the destination signs like I have on 2 of my buses necessitate an overhead mirror bracket that sticks farther out than normal. This can be a real headbanger, and I don't think the jumbo sized mirror would work in this arrangement, either.

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2002 :  10:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ryan - I am the guy from Dublin who emailed you a couple of months ago. The storage compartment over the window is for personal belongings. The CPS buses with this storage arrangement also have the bulkhead storage for emergency equipment (ala Thomas.) On Blue Birds, the bulkhead storage or the destination signs like I have on 2 of my buses necessitate an overhead mirror bracket that sticks farther out than normal. This can be a real headbanger, and I don't think the jumbo sized mirror would work in this arrangement, either.

Sherm,

Are you a mechanic or a bus driver? I forgot what you told me earlier.... Also, would you have any pictures of the storage area you are talking about? I was just on Dublin Bus 34..my neighbor brought it home not too long ago..and I didn't see anything on there and I believe Bus 34 is a 2001 International Blue Bird. If you are to ever pass Jonathan Alder Bus #17, that is my bus. Could you e-mail the storage compartment pictures to me at the e-mail address below? Thanks!!!!

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

Sherm
Top Member

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2002 :  12:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan; I am a manager for First Student, currently in Illinois. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the storage area we are talking about.

Dublin Bus 34?? The Bus 34 I remember was an '84 Intl/Carpenter with the ORANGE! seats. It was Dublin's first diesel conventional.

Go to Top of Page

BusladyofSoCal
Advanced Member

USA
366 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2002 :  8:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusladyofSoCal's Homepage  Send BusladyofSoCal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here its normal to have storage in the top front bulkhead...you put the reflectors, 1st aid kit & fire exting. up there.

Buslady
Long Live Crown Coach Corp! Detroit Diesel rules!
Crown Coach Archive
http://crowncoach.tripod.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  3:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buslady,

Can you please give an e-mail address so we can contact you back channel? Your current e-mail is not working. Thanks.

-Admin

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  06:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ryan; I am a manager for First Student, currently in Illinois. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the storage area we are talking about.

Dublin Bus 34?? The Bus 34 I remember was an '84 Intl/Carpenter with the ORANGE! seats. It was Dublin's first diesel conventional.

Sherm,

The bus is now a 2001 International Blue Bird.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

Wolf4dk

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  10:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I know of the storage compartment you are describing. Just over your left sholder above the drivers window. We have ONE bus that has this and it's a Int/Thomas It's a 91 and it just came out with a recal on it. I guess too many bus drivers where hitting thier heads on it cause the recal consists of padded pieces that you had to screw onto the box.

The driver that uses this bus likes the compartment and stores his personal belongings and keeps route copies and other info there instead of the "glove box"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000