Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Mechanic needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Machinemoverman

7 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2019 :  8:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Machinemoverman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone know a good Mack mechanic, know the electronic motors. Working on a project, switching a E7 from a garbage truck into a crane.

Thanks

Jim

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  08:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you need i have no access to wire diagrams but have worked on them

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Machinemoverman

7 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2019 :  8:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Machinemoverman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What I would like to do is to see if some of the sensors and wiring can be eliminated and the motor still operate. Is this possible?
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2019 :  02:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it a emission engine? if so it all can be programmed out
if it is an egr engine same story
with out proper programming it will always be in a derate with a cel on
there might be resistor cheats out there for your engine to eliminate certain things

Go to Top of Page

Machinemoverman

7 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2019 :  04:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Machinemoverman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No this engine is a 99 - 01. It just has an ecm .
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2019 :  02:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what sensors are you trying to remove ones just for garbage truck application if so some programming would have to be changed
it would have second throttle and stuff like that programmed into it

Go to Top of Page

Machinemoverman

7 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2019 :  05:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Machinemoverman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I’m not sure to be honest. I have the wiring harness removed from the truck. I haven’t installed the motor into the crane yet. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. I was trying to find someone that understands this crap. I’m a old mechanical type guy. The company I used to work for done this same thing, the motor will work physically, just needed someone to figure out the electronics.

Thanks for responses.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

Machinemoverman

7 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2019 :  05:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Machinemoverman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I’m not sure to be honest. I have the wiring harness removed from the truck. I haven’t installed the motor into the crane yet. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. I was trying to find someone that understands this crap. I’m a old mechanical type guy. The company I used to work for done this same thing, the motor will work physically, just needed someone to figure out the electronics.

Thanks for responses.

Jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000