Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Red 8 way issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jhenson8669

3 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  10:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jhenson8669's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2017 Chevy 4500 chassis with a Thomas minotour body. I had to replace the stop arm due to motor issues. After I replaced the stop arm I ran the 8 ways to make sure everything was ok. The ambers came on like they were supposed to but when i opened the door to activate the reds the stop are came out ok but the reds do not blink they stay on solid.

Jhenson8669

3 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  10:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jhenson8669's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also I am new to the school bus side of things and I do not have any wiring diagrams to help get an idea at what I'm looking at.
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2019 :  1:00:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Look in the compartment over the driver to the left you will find two circuit boards to the right on the panel the boards are mounted on is a long slender unit with a white plug in the bottom that is the flasher for your eight way lights. It is a Weldon 1000-7000 flasher if you can try a known good unit to test your lights. If you work for a public school corp. Thomas will give yo access to the programs to find parts and wiring diagrams for free.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000