Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2013 Maxxforce Allison Transmission range inhibite
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rickluc

6 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  05:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit rickluc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seen before on different year. 2013 International Maxxforce Allison transmission.
Intermittent Range inhibitor display and upside down triangle light comes on and dash gauges go crazy and wont even move
Shook all wire harnesses and relay on upper cowl. No change.
Then another time it won't come on until you drive it and then it will drop to 5 MPH.
Thanks

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  04:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had 1 where range inhibit would come on tried switch on brake pedal nothing helped u would get lucky sometimes cycling the key switch then it would go. after talking to few different people we heard that something could be wrong in the valve body of the trans. sure enough sent in under warranty our Allison guy called factory and they supposable new about it. I also now we had some problems with the neutral safety switch and harness in side trans on a lot those IC 2012s.
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  11:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you Jinxed me. First thing Monday morning 2017 Bluebird vision won't go into gear RANGE INHIBIT comes up.. tried the brake light switch, next if you pump the brake 3 times it will go into gear. thinking the hydro max booster is the problem. no visible leaks and no fluid lose.
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2019 :  10:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just finished putting the hydro max booster in seems to have solved the problem.NO RANGE INHIBIT came on with even light brake pedal pressure. Not sure if helps but a place to start.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000