Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2013 maxxforce dt , no or low power
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  05:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey all I have a 2013 ic bus with maxxforce dt
basically sluggish very noticeable when going up hills it has had
-injectors done a few months ago
-fuel pressure tested good as well as boost pressure turbo operation looks ok
--there are no codes stored , seems to run a little rough at idle as well sounds a little off , checked injector buz test fine
--also did relative compression test was also fine
-going to check the itv now any suggestions greatly appreciated thanks

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  1:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
egr valve hanging open?
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2019 :  11:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How much milage on this bus? Could be low compression, when you idling bus, is there any smoke came out of engine oil cap?
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  12:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If it's the twin turbo version... assuming it is being 2013... I have recently had a couple of those with higher mileage on them 175,000 and up .. The pac brake on the exhaust started hanging up and chokes off exhaust.. The one had a sticky air cylinder the other one I ended up replacing the paccbrake assembly to fix it...

The one would barely come off idle for a few seconds and the other one ran but had low power... neither one threw or stored any codes for this issue

As far as rough idle or just off rough running,, lol when mine are not warmed up they sounds like a 2 cylinder JD engine for a few minutes until they start making some temp... and seem to be rougher running engine all the way around IMO
Go to Top of Page

WrenchMonkeyCSISD

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2019 :  05:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with the egr valve sticking open, could also be dirty egr coolers and aftertreatment system.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000