New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  7:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I remember ready a thread about this ages ago, but I can't find it anywhere.

On our 91 TC2000, the only decent TC have owned, It runs really rough after being started. You can hit the throttle, it'll rev-up and then it'll drop down and almost die, then will start running rough again. After it's been running a few minutes it's ok.

It has always done this, was always worse in the winter, but now it's getting to be a lot worse, even when the temp is in the 90's.

The fuel filter is totally new, there is no air in the fuel system. Is this a lift pump problem?

Oh yeah by the way, our bad luck with TC's continued this week with this very bus. A driver had it out in the city, and it blew 2 brake lines. Also while inspecting that problem, I noticed the exhaust pipe was broken in half right behind the turbo pipe. Out of the 8 TC's we have owned, this is the 4th to blow out the brake lines, and the 2nd to have the exhaust break next to the turbo pipe.

Edited by - baptistbusman on 09/24/2007 7:48:57 PM

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  06:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the brace that holds the turbo pipe to the trans adapter. If its cracked replace it too. Typical bluebird problem. You can get that stuff cheap.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

L.J.D

United States
173 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  06:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check the throttle lever on the inj pump they wearout all the time what pump is on the bus is it the old rotary style or an inline
Go to Top of Page

L.J.D

United States
173 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  07:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also forgot tomention before the idle screws sometime beed to be adjusted the tops of them get worn down causing the low idles and stumble
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  10:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has the inline injector pump.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  5:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you checked the supply pump pressure? With an inline pump it should be 15-20 psi. I'm not familiar with the system, but there could be a damaged check valve in the system, probably in the supply pump.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

thomasguy

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  12:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomasguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with the check valve being the possible problem. You're losing your fuel prime over-night draining back to the fuel tank.

School Bus Maintenance & Repairs.
http://schoolbusmechanic.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000