Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  8:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some things that really get to me in this world...such as some crazy commercials.

What are some of the sickest commercials you've seen?

I saw a commercial I think it's for Dairy Queen (Which is an icecream place here in Mass)...the wife is making a smoothie with a mixer. The husband, acting like a kid, starts licking the two mixer parts (Not sure what it's called) and the mixer turns on and his tounge gets cought in the mixers.

His tounge obviously falls out or something because he can not talk normally, as if his tounge is missing.

It is a nasty commercial. I think it should be pulled! What about kids who aren't old enough to know the difference and want to try that trick.

Anyone else have commercials that they can't stand?

I have a few more..."Get the feeling, get the feeling, from Toyota..really bugs me...and "Ask me about my Toy---OTA really bothers me!

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 04/25/2007 06:12:22 AM

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  10:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 96 Amtran RE

Anyone else have commercials that they can't stand?

Any commercial that interrupts my regularly scheduled program bothers me.

There's a very annoying commercial that comes on here at least twice each night during a 30 minute time period that's for a dating service. The commercial itself is bad as it is, but I can't stand those dating service ones — but the ones on the radio are more annoying!
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  08:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This dating service ain't EHarmony.Com is it? That's been played A LOT here and it's just stupid I think. I hate the DQ one too, just because I like to like the mixers (hehe). All the presidential commercails are annoyng now too. I could go on and on but won't.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  6:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like the EHarmony.com commercial or the DQ one. I also get tired of hearing the car dealer commercials on TV and on radio.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

coolbusdriver
Top Member

Canada
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  07:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most annoying one I have ever seen is about Bob, who is now living large thanks to natural male enhancement by enzyte. This really dumb looking guy walks around with a stupid smile on his face and can now appartently do anything because of this drug.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  11:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I absolutely cannot stand those toilet paper commercials featuring the cartoon bears that dance around and then uses a tree while the little animated TP package sheilds our eyes. It's just...not cute.

And let us not forget the genital herpes commercials...I mean come on...how much money do they have to pay these people to say in front of millions of people..."I have genital herpes" Please.

Edited by - Thomasbus24 on 08/09/2004 11:20:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  3:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

I absolutely cannot stand those toilet paper commercials featuring the cartoon bears that dance around and then uses a tree while the little animated TP package sheilds our eyes. It's just...not cute.

And let us not forget the genital herpes commercials...I mean come on...how much money do they have to pay these people to say in front of millions of people..."I have genital herpes" Please.

Or how about the commerical for that bed-wetting product? I bet you that poor kid gets teased all the time for making that ad.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  3:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Commercials for stupid crap with jingles bothers me, for instance, 1-800-safe-auto, Steak N Shake, and a local home builder. Also all of the old-people commercials during The Price is Right "You check your blood sugar, and you check it often, there's just no reason not to!"

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  5:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That 1-800-safe-auto jingle makes me want to beat someone with an iron pipe. I'm not familar with the bed wetting commercials, but I'll be sure and watch for them.

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  5:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

That 1-800-safe-auto jingle makes me want to beat someone with an iron pipe. I'm not familar with the bed wetting commercials, but I'll be sure and watch for them.

The worst part is that it gets stuck in your head, over and over and over again!

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  6:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I also don't like that enzyte commercial or the bed wetting commercial.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  05:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Local ads for a car dealer overusing the word "HUGE".
QUICK, FIND THE REMOTE!

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  05:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BusMan06

Commercials for stupid crap with jingles bothers me, for instance, 1-800-safe-auto, Steak N Shake, and a local home builder. Also all of the old-people commercials during The Price is Right "You check your blood sugar, and you check it often, there's just no reason not to!"

Here in FL we have a car dealer group called Maroone. They play spots on TV and radio all the time. When I first moved down here it thought it was funny, now its just annoying. It goes a little something like this(Think the Ghostbuster's theme song):
"When you need a car....Truck or van....Who you gonna call?...MAROONE!!
Imagine hearing that 15 times a day at least, LOL
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  07:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There are tons of commercials that annoy the heck out of me... But the one that comes to mind the most is for Cialus and erectile dysfunction. Isn't that a topic that everyone wants to discuss and be "educated" about during primetime? Argh. I esspecially love how they include all the crazy side effect warnings about stuff lasting for four hours and such... Isn't that what you're supposed to ask your doctor about?! Ahhh!

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  06:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the other hand...I saw a commercial for Staples that had me laughing out loud. I love their back to school commercials with the kids dragging behind and the parent leaping for joy.

Well in this one the little girl says to the adult, "I thought the song said that school was out for ever?"
The adult turns to her, in this case Alice Cooper in makeup, says,"No, it says, school's out for the summer".

Struck me as funny anyway, that was our theme song when we were in high school!

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

YardBird
Advanced Member

USA
427 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  1:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Meet Bob. Bob needs to get right the heck outta my TV..."

The Staples commercial is just righteous!
The dancing bears tick me off..
The genital herpes schtick ticks me off...
But the one that REALLY gets ma right foot itchin' to kick the screen is that snotty, bowl-headed woman on the 15-minute long Leptoprin diet supplement commercial..
"Leptoprin is MUCH too powerful and MUCH too expensive for you...."
Yeah? Well my TV is MUCH too good for YOU. *click*

The other kinds of commercials I can't stand are the ones where all you hear is some techno-crap music and see a bunch of bits and pieces of different video clips go flying by at a ludicrous speed-so fast that no one but a hyperactive eight-year-old could make them out-BUT NO PRODUCT NAME IS DISPLAYED AND NO ONE TELLS YOU WHAT THE HECK IT IS THEY'RE SELLING!!!!
AAAAAH! I HATE THAT!

Whatever it is must not be too good because they won't even tell us what it is.
All I can figure..

Sure! I'll pick your kid up closer to the house... Widen your front door!

"I LOOOOOVE MY UNION!"
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  1:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't stand drugs commercials like Enzyte, Altovis, etc. Also, I hate seeing anti-tobacco and safety commercials. I know there good and everything, but just plain annoying. Who wants to hear about some people who died from cigarette smoke? And also I hate the ones from JC. Penny's with the migit guy dancing in the school in gangster clothes and rap music playing. Very annoying...
Go to Top of Page

specialneeds54
Advanced Member

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  1:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What About the Pepto-Bismal Commercial
Drives Me Up the wall Four People dancing about Diarhea Is Just Plain Gross
The Enzite Commercial I could Just Smack The smile Right off His Face. LOL
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  10:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out this weird commercial that's running on Cartoon Network. My younger brother pointed it out to me. I found it on YouTube. See below:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uCjMtVbylyE&search=i%20pooted
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  10:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If anyone in CT is reading this, you know that the WORST commercials are for that place Tires + Wheels "We get em on and poppin!" Yet another example of why business owners should NOT do their own commercials.

Worse than that though is all of the "feminine" products. I'm sorry ladies, I know it's an important subject to half of the population, but the other half of us do NOT need to hear about those problems during dinnertime!

And one last peeve, why do they have to list all of the side effects on a prescription medication that you have to discuss with your doctor anyway? I don't need to hear (again during dinner) that side effects can include constipation, diareha, etc. How about just "Ask your doctor about common side effects."
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  10:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not too fond of the latest Burger King commericals that feature "The King". I don't know about you, but if I woke up with "The King" laying next to me I would be more than a little disturbed, LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  11:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, that cartoon network commerical is just a bit on the disturbing side. And GMCBlueBird83, I think they also used that ghostbusters jingle for Autoway, except they said "When you need a car...truck or van...who you gonna call? AUTOWAY!"

Anyway, since I live in the Tampa Bay area, Toyota always plays this stupid commerical where they say "Toyota of TAMPA...BAY." In the commerical "Tampa bay" is shouted twice. Gets on your nerves so much that you HAVE to reach for the remote once you see it come on. Not only that, but they show the commercial once, and then a minute later, they show it again!

Speaking of shouting, that shout commercial is also annoying. You know, the one where they say "Got a stain? Shout it out!" But what confuses me is when they say that it gets though stains out such as blood. Kinda gets you thinking.
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  11:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMCBlueBird83

I'm not too fond of the latest Burger King commericals that feature "The King". I don't know about you, but if I woke up with "The King" laying next to me I would be more than a little disturbed, LOL!

I wonder if little kids get nightmares from seeing "The King". He would make a good scary Halloween costume.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  4:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that genetal herpes commercial. They look like they're having so much fun...but don't rent that kayak that they've been in.

I wish I had real commercials over here. But I saw this one commercial online that was pretty funny. If you watch it, she's not really doing what you think. I can't believe they put this on TV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfakp2gajs]

A lot of the local commercials I get here are strange to me, but yet better than what they have in the US. I guess it's because it's new to me. I saw this one commercial with a large column of water shooting out of a toilet and people giggling in the background. I don't even want to know what that was advertising.

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 07/26/2006 4:23:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  9:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One of the most annoying commercials has to be this one for "Head On."

"Head On, apply directly to the forehead
Head On, apply directly to the forehead
Head On, apply directly to the forehead"

And, yes, that's the whole commerical!
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  9:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B. Busguy33

LOL! I was just watching 3 of those in a row (yes I said 3) and I was going to post it here! Stupid commercial...

They dont even give a description of the bloody product!
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  9:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And here I am, thinking I was the only one who saw that one!

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  10:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve, I thought the same thing too LOL. Figured it was a local commercial..

Just to make everyone suffer,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XAFCRT9L7A

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  10:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And here I am, thinking I was the only one who saw that one!

LOL, Steve!

quote:
They dont even give a description of the bloody product!

No, they don't. Until I watched NBC Nightly News tonight, I had no idea what it did either.

The advertisers for the product created that type of commercial on purpose. They wanted people to hear about this product in a simple fashion, with no description. As a result, people who heard or saw the commercial would remember the name, go to the store, and find out what exactly the product does.

And for those of you who are wondering what exactly "Head On" does: It is supposed to relieve migranes by: "apply[ing] directly to the forehead."
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  10:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

And for those of you who are wondering what exactly "Head On" does: It is supposed to relieve migranes by: "apply[ing] directly to the forehead."

You are supposed to apply it directly to your forehead? Who woulda thunk it?
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  11:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WTF?! You mean NBC Nightly News did a segment on one commercial less than ten seconds in length?!

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  11:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
WTF?! You mean NBC Nightly News did a segment on one commercial less than ten seconds in length?!

Yes, believe it or not, they did.

The segment aired at the very end of the show, and it was only a couple minutes long. I guess NBC didn't have anything better to report on but that lame commercial.
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  08:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ever seen this one?

"Stress raises cortisol. Cortisol increases belly fat. Relacore helps reduce cortisol. You need Relacore.
Stress raises cortisol. Cortisol increases belly fat. Relacore helps reduce cortisol. You need Relacore.
Stress raises cortisol. Cortisol increases belly fat. Relacore helps reduce cortisol. You need Relacore."
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  08:29:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Another one that's starting to get annoying...

Ever since I heard about the Dr.Z commercials with the C2 I've been paying attention...At least on the channels I watch I've never seen the one with the commercial line-up, and I rarely see the field trip one. I'm starting to get annoyed because they keep playing the ones without the C2 and I wanna see the bus!
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  08:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about some commercials that are funny?

Reeeeeeeeeeeal men of gennnnnnnioussssssssss!

Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  09:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, that "Head On" one was really annoying, lol.

Remember this from long long ago? Ben Curtis trying to sell you a Dell!! Was he high during it??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spa_l_12cIw
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000