Enter Forum: General Interest
 Upgraded Door Handle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MongoKen

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2001 :  1:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Send MongoKen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm curious...our district purchased Blue Bird conventionals with the "silver" look door handle (jacknife door). Why would a school system purchase these door handles over the standard one Blue Bird offers ? Is the door easier to operate with the upgraded handle or is it just a matter of appearance?

"Superior Buses..A Legend of the Past"

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2001 :  04:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never seen a silver door handle on a Blue Bird. Does it look like the door handles on the old Thomas'? I aslo think that the Blue Bird standard door handle is Black.

"Blue Birds For Ever!"
Go to Top of Page

MongoKen

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2001 :  10:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Send MongoKen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes..the door handle is definatley shiny silver in color. It looks similar to one found on a Ward style bus. Our other blue birds have the black handle where you have to "pull up" on to open.

"Superior Buses..A Legend of the Past"
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2001 :  7:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ken,
The door Handle you are talking about is a Deluxe Door Control handle!! It's a much better door handle!! It looks old to me, but I guess some Schools like them that way!!

Kevin "Blue Bird Rules"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000