Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2001 :  10:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long should a bus driver display there yellow lights before they stop?

Tyler-Formly known as Wayne Lifeguard.

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2001 :  6:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think most driver's make that judgement!
But I think its about 500ft..

Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2001 :  8:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was taught 300 ft. Maybe it's different from state to state.

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2001 :  05:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do think it's 300 ft. on a slow moveing road like a back road or in a housing plan. On a highway it's 500ft. But I think that drivers use there judgement. I've had drivers flash the lights right before they open the door.

"Blue Birds For Ever!"
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2001 :  09:25:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two of my drivers would put the yellows on 4 houses away from the stop it pretty far and it gave good warning alot of people here warn about that far away. Except this one this year would flash the yellow and open the door right away no time people were slaming there brakes on. It was a accident waiting to happen. So I informed the owner of the bus and the next day the bus put it on sooner but that that far.

Tyler-Formly known as Wayne Lifeguard.
Go to Top of Page

Phil4747
Top Member

USA
695 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2001 :  6:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Phil4747 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In CT, it's 200 ft, which is also what the law says for cars to put on their turn signals. However, when driving a car, I rarely follow the 200 ft rule...it really depends where I'm turning. Sometimes I'll give more warning, sometimes a lot less, in situations where someone could get confused.

Mind you, with the ambers, there really isn't the danger of someone being confused by which house you're stopping for. When the reds come on, everyone stops, and the ambers are the only warning that you're about to stop. I think it should be some kind of consistent timing, like 5 seconds or something, instead of being determined by how far you are.

Go to Top of Page

boomur

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2001 :  3:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I train my drivers to turn thiers on app 150 metres from the stop.

Go to Top of Page

scoolbus58

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2001 :  08:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In california it's 200 ft. before the stop for the yellow "amber" lights to be turned on.

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
Advanced Member

USA
352 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2001 :  3:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message  Send Ricky a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We were told at our school bus driver's meeting this past Friday that our amber lights should be activated about 300 ft. from the bus stop.

Stephen R. Adamson (AmTran11)
Go to Top of Page

AmTranIntFE01

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2001 :  10:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto, Ricky.

Will

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2001 :  05:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
300 ft. is far enough, but you still have drivers who'll use there judgment.

"Blue Birds Rule!"
Go to Top of Page

busdriver1115

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2001 :  5:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it it is 600 to 800 feet to alert the traffic what you the bus is getting ready to do!!!!!

Jonathan E Wenzlaff
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2001 :  6:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here in Washington State, it depends on the type of road, and the speed limit set on that road. For instance, for a standard two-lane road with a 35mph speed limit, the ambers must be applied no more than 300ft, but no less than 100ft. On the same type of road with a 55mph limit, its no less than 300ft, and no more than 500ft.

I have seen drivers apply the ambers farther than 500ft though. I once seen a bus driver apply the ambers on a stretch of US 101 1000ft from the stop, typically because the particular stretch was heavily travelled.

Also, if there is a corner ahead, and the stop is just after the turn, the driver must apply the ambers 500ft before the turn. Its especially a nightmare on S-curves.

I have also seen weird things done as far as activating the reds too. For instance, I had this one driver who ALWAYS applied the reds fifty feet before the stop, and kept them on for fifty feet more AFTER the bus was back in motion. Many people thought it was weird, but many drivers saw something in it, and it soon was done by almost every driver. Now its gone back to normal.

"Gillig Buses - The BEST NEVER REST!!"
Go to Top of Page

tess

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2001 :  3:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Send tess a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ohio laws require us to turn our ambers on 300 feet from the stop. This is approximately 3 old telephone poles (100 ft. apart) and 2 of the newer ones (150 ft. apart). But I also drive some state routes. If I see a semi coming and I know he's at least doing 55, I may turn them on a little sooner or slow down enough that he will have time to get by without stopping. We all have to share the road responsibly!

Go to Top of Page

Blake913

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2001 :  2:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Blake913 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure we have a specific distance in GA, but our director says they must be on in enough time for traffic to stop. It is pretty much driver's dicretion

Go to Top of Page

A-14 Big G

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2001 :  6:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Pennsylvania it is at least 150 ft. but no more than 300 ft., I use my judgement depending on the road type, conditions and how big/fast the approaching traffic is. I've seen drivers running almost a quarter mile with yellow lights on...this is just inviting people to ignore you.

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2001 :  07:55:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

In Pennsylvania it is at least 150 ft. but no more than 300 ft., I use my judgement depending on the road type, conditions and how big/fast the approaching traffic is. I've seen drivers running almost a quarter mile with yellow lights on...this is just inviting people to ignore you.

What part of PA are you from?

"This post is deducated to my OLD bus #39. A 1997 GMC Blue Bird. New bus: 2001 Blue Bird All American FE #215."
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2001 :  2:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In Michigan I think you're supposed to turn the lights on about 200ft from the stop. However, I think that it should be according to time, and not distance. If you're going 55mph and the stop is coming, the lights aren't going to give much of a warning, it'll be very short. Then if you're going 15mph those ambers are gonna be on for a while and people may not really pay much attention to them.

I have been told that some people in the next district over have turned them on again right after they left the stop and left them on until the next stop. I think that's a little stupid.

I do agree with having the reds turn on a few feet before the stop. With the manual doors you can just unlatch the door slightly (however I'm not sure if you're allowed to do this). With the air doors, you'd have to open the to activate the reds...not to safe. I have heard, though, that there's a switch with 3 positions, closed, closed with the reds on, and open, of course with the reds on.

Stop at: www.mikesbusyard.cjb.net

Edited by - The BusBoy on 09/24/2001 2:52:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Phil4747
Top Member

USA
695 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2001 :  3:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Phil4747 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
CT state law is if you only have reds, use your right turn signal 200 ft before the stop, turn on the reds 50 ft before. If you have ambers, turn them on 200 ft before, turn the reds on only after you come to a complete stop. It's illegal to "crack the door" before you stop to turn on the reds.

—Phil

"It's the same way some people are obsessed with cars. I'm just weird."
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2001 :  5:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am a Michigan driver, and I tend to crack the door on certain occasions. If a semi or any other large vehicle is coming, and I know that they won't be able to pass before I must open, I just open the door a few seconds early so that they have a little extra time to stop.

Subsbd- Does Michigan allow the three position Air Door switch?? BusDiva would be able to help us with this question. We do not have any AirDoors so I have know idea if MI specs allow the three position switch or not. I would think that they would since they don't allow the red override switch.

86-A It will go in circles around your bus.
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  08:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like we all make are own judgement on this Issue. But most state's have their own laws on this topic!

Go to Top of Page

A-14 Big G

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  09:36:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

What part of PA are you from?

"This post is deducated to my OLD bus #39. A 1997 GMC Blue Bird. New bus: 2001 Blue Bird All American FE #215."

Punxsutawney School District, we're about 80 miles northeast of Pittsburgh...and home of the "earth rat" Phil!

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  2:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope that MI allows the 3 position switch. My driver likes the idea and I do too. On cold days (like today, only 49 as the high) it would have been very useful. How are you able to crack the door open with the Thomas switch? Thanks.

Stop at: www.mikesbusyard.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

bus21&25

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  6:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arizona Minimum Standards R17-9-104-B-1 Loading or unloading passengers:

..."when peparing to stop the school bus, the school bus driver shall activate the alternately flashing amber lamps of an 8-lamp system or the alternately flashing red lamps of a 4-lamp system for a MINIUMIUM distance of 100 feet."

Go to Top of Page

bus21&25

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2001 :  7:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry...got sidetracked..lol
In defense of my previous post...these are Arizona MINIMUM Standards....this means..NO CLOSER THEN 100 FEET!! Of course speed of your bus does play a major factor in how much SOONER you would turn them on !!! One rule of thumb we teach our drivers is this...."At the moment you are going to lift your foot from the throttle to BEGIN to stop (Engine compression is your first step in stopping!!) activate your alternetly flashing amber lights." This can be a rather long distance from a stop traveling at road speeds of up to 65 mph as in some rural areas of Arizona !!!

Go to Top of Page

Pansy713

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2001 :  6:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really think that the laws in all states should be the same. There should be no difference when it comes to school bus safety. The rule is 300ft for your ambers not 500ft.
This is to the busboy if your doing 55 mph while picking up students you shouldn't be driving. What do you do throw your kids out of the seats when stoping to pick up the next student.
I am not sure about other states but in N.Y. the laws state that school busses are not to exceed 50 mph on rural roads but the safe limit is 45 really. Even when we are on interstates the law says we can only do 55 mph even if the speed limit is higher.
I think that sence we all have to have CDL do drive a school bus every state should have the same laws and rules for school busses. I think anyone who drives a school bus on the highway over 55 is foolish because the lives on the bus are more important then getting to where your going faster just to get done. If your in that much of a hurry then don't drive a school bus.

Stephanie Bus #122
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2001 :  6:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First of all, of course, they would stop, not go 55 mph at a stop. It's not too safe to throw your kids out the door. I was saying, approching the stop at 55mph. Like on this one highway going through town, the speed limit is 55. And there are stops on that road. I'm saying, depending on your speed, you should judge how far the light should be turned on. Does anyone know how to crack a Thomas air door open a bit? Subsbd said something about it...

Stop at: www.buses.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

Pansy713

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2001 :  6:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry for the second answer to this subject but I should have read every one before the first.

This one is about opening the door a crack before you come to your stop. Let me just say this. What would happen if one time you do this and a child happens to come running up the isle and falls out that door. How would you feel???????? This is the most stupidest thing anyone could ever do is start the reds before the bus is at a complete stop. You people don't have safety in mind at all. You must not even care about the children that you carry on the bus. This is just a job do it and get it over with. I can't believe half the stuff I read that you all write down.
I happen to care about my children that I carry and would never think of opening the door before any stop. You can't always think your children are going to stay in the seat and not come up to the front of the bus. You can't take that chance. I hope you can all see what it is your saying before someone gets hurt.

Stephanie Bus #122
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2001 :  12:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't really want to crack open the door before a stop, but at the stop. Like on a rainy/cold day, you would want the door to be closed a bit, wouldn't you?

I did also say that cracking the door open before the stop isn't too safe. I was trying get accross that I think the reds should be turned on a bit before the stop with a switch or something.... Maybe I didn't phrase it right.

Stop at: www.buses.cjb.net

Edited by - The BusBoy on 10/16/2001 12:58:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2001 :  3:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I really think that the laws in all states should be the same. There should be no difference when it comes to school bus safety. The rule is 300ft for your ambers not 500ft.
This is to the busboy if your doing 55 mph while picking up students you shouldn't be driving. What do you do throw your kids out of the seats when stoping to pick up the next student.
I am not sure about other states but in N.Y. the laws state that school busses are not to exceed 50 mph on rural roads but the safe limit is 45 really. Even when we are on interstates the law says we can only do 55 mph even if the speed limit is higher.
I think that sence we all have to have CDL do drive a school bus every state should have the same laws and rules for school busses. I think anyone who drives a school bus on the highway over 55 is foolish because the lives on the bus are more important then getting to where your going faster just to get done. If your in that much of a hurry then don't drive a school bus.

Pansy 713...

You appear not to have the roads there like we do here in Washington. Here, especially in the Mason County area, the ambers MUST be applied 500 feet away. On one stretch of St. Highway 119 (Lake Cushman Road) there is a stop right after a corner in the road (which BTW is filled with s-curves). The driver of the bus on that route literally has to apply the ambers 500 feet before the start of the curve, and the stop is right after the road starts to straighen out. It makes for a total of 850 feet that the ambers are activated before the reds are activated.

As far as the reds goes, I agree with some that they should be activated before the bus comes to a complete stop. In some states, the reds are activated by the door, but here in Washington, we have our buses spec'd to have the stop paddle activate the reds. Activating the reds before the bus comes to a stop isn't considered unsafe, so I cannot see how you consider it to be. Actually, if they're applied before the bus comes to a stop, then the persons following the bus can see the stop paddle, without having to be kissing the rear end of the bus. (Thats if they're following our "4 second rule" when you're following commercial vehicles)

And about the 55 mph issue - how dare you say that driving 55 mph is unsafe?!? I have seen school bus drivers drive a school bus at 60 - and they maintain perfect control!! If you think that 55mph is unsafe for driving a school bus, then I think that you need to find another line of work. Driving 45 mph in a 65 zone - even driving 50 - in a 65, causes congestion. A school bus should be able to keep up with traffic. And besides, many of our roads here in Washington are 55 mph, and we have school bus drivers who drive the limit all the time. Its not wrong. Thats also another reason why we have our 500 ft rule! And no, you don't have to throw yer kids into the next seat when ya stop, thats why ya "gradually come to a stop" - even before the ambers are activated!

Geeez, what you said had to be the most unclear thing I have ever read before in my life!

"Preserving America's best - THE GILLIG! - THE BEST NEVER REST" http://www.geocities.com/gilligcoaches/
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2001 :  6:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Geeez, what you said must have been the most unclear thing I have ever read in my life!"

I back you 100% on that Steven.A.Rosenow,

Pansy173, I havn't come across anyone with a CDL that is licensed to drive school bus in these forums that doesn't have safety in mind.

If you have a long route that has many miles of highway with two stops that are say 8 miles apart you are not going to go 45 the whole way between the stops, and hold up traffic, you are going to kick that bus up to probably the speed limit of 55. It causes more accidents when you are going to slow and everyone is trying to pass the bus, and are tailgating it. Look at it from that perspective. 50-55 is a safe speed on the highway under normal conditions. Besides if you have stops that are close to each other, you couldn't even get a bus up to 55.

What about the expressway, are you going to tell me it is safe to go 55 on that to, when everone else is going 70-75? You don't make stops on that, and the same can happen as on the highway, you go 10-15mph slower than everyone and they are passing you unsafely, tailgating you, and cutting you off. That is more likely to cause an accident, than if you were driving more with the flow of traffic.

As for cracking the door, cracking means opening the door about a half inch with a manually controlled door, just enough to let the little switch out to activate the reds. Take a look at my example in the previous post. When I crack the door it hardly even opens a half inch. With the Thomas manual door setup all I have to do is release the handle, and the door just hardly opens, I don't open it up all the way, or even half way. Besides my students are not allowed to get out of their seats until the bus stops, and I know you will always have the occasional student who doesn't listen, but you have a mirror so you should be able to look in it and make sure no one is near the front before you crack the door. I always check the mirror just before I make a stop, and check it before I take off from a stop.

I have safety in mind whenever I am behind the wheel, and that safety doubles when I am behind the wheel of a bus full of kids.

I am sorry, but it hurts to hear someone say "I can't belive half the stuff you people write down that I read." You people don't have safety in mind, you just want to get the job done. There are a few bus drivers like that, but not in these forums- the people that don't care certainly are not going to take the time to come into the SBF forums. I have been driving for 22 years, and have never had a student injured on my bus, and I take great pride in that, and that is the reason I don't like the comment you made, I am also defending every other bus driver in here to because I believe that they are just as concerned about student safety as I am, if they weren't they wouldn't be in here.

Time for a forum poll- How many drivers in here do not care about student safety, and are just getting the job done? I think I pretty much answered that in the previous paragraphs.

You might have thought I went to far, but I am defending myself and everyone else in here, we do care about safety. This wasn't an arguement about who makes a better bus, or anything else unrelated to safety, this was something serious and I was offended to hear that, so now I have given my 2 cents.

86-A It will go in circles around your bus.

Edited by - thomas86_a on 10/16/2001 6:20:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

BusCritic

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2001 :  04:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read a lot of posts in this forum for quite a while, and havn't heard to much that would clasify anyone in here as an unsafe driver. Pansy 713 you might want to reconsider what you have said, because everyone I have heard from in here seems to have safety as one of their priorities.

If it's not a Thomas Built Bus, I would rather walk to school.
Go to Top of Page

Pansy713

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2001 :  7:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok first things first. I see I have made an error in my statement. The first one being that I said 300 ft and meant that to be the least before a stop. Knowing that there are some cases that may be shorter. It is the law here in NY 500 ft.
I am sorry if I offended anyone with what I was trying to say. I believe I miss took somethings that I have read.
Let me say this. We are not a big city where I am at. My route is about 45 miles from start to finish. I have stops that are very close, which appears you do not when traveling at 55mph. I seem to have forgotten that some drivers have routes that don't have stops every what seems to be 5 feet. I was thinking that you were getting up to that speed because it was posted 55mph and then coming to a quicker stop then you should. I had a bad day when I had wrote what I had said and was very upset because of a driver that works with me that don't have safety in mind.
So for those that I have offended I am deeply sorry.
As far as the reds being attivated before a stop, I still think that is wrong even if you have a switch that you can use instead of opening the door. You see the problem isn't really the lights anyway it is the drivers of the other cars or trucks that are the problem. They are in a hurry to get somewhere and don't pay attention to what they are doing. They wouldn't even stop if the reds where going. We have so many people that run our red lights or even pass the bus on the right side while your stopped.
Ok now to the 55mph not being safe. I hope that I covered that in the begining here, but if I haven't I will try again. I was thinking they were doing 55mph between stops like mine. Which are not even the most a mile apart. So in that case 55mph would be very unsafe wouldn't you agree to that.
Myself I try to be courtious and pull over so I don't block traffic and have the problems that other drivers have with cars trying to pass when your getting ready to do a stop. I am on one of our main roads that is a very heavy traffic area.
I am by no means saying that a driver can't drive 65mph and not control the bus, but it is much safer for you to do the 55mph. I am just a little more concerned about the cargo that I am carrying.
So you all have good and bad points about what I have said. That is fine. I can take what ever you have to say. I don't mind because this is a good way to keep safety in mind.
I just believe that all states should have the same laws with school busses. That way anyone that may be traveling would know what to expect when incountering a school bus.
I would like to make one more statement to someone else that wrote in here also. This is about using your right hand turn signal before coming to a stop because you don't have amber lights. Don't you think that using your 4 ways would be much better because then they wouldn't be thinking you are turning to the right and try passing you. Just a thought.
Well I said my peace now. Again Sorry if I offened anyone or didn't make sence. But that is me sometimes I don't check what I have writen and if I did this time I would have changed many of the things I had said.
So if you feel you need to criticize anything that I have now said please do so. I only learn more when you do so. I learn by my mistakes and with what others have to say. Thanks

Stephanie Bus #122
Go to Top of Page

CmtEmtB

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2001 :  08:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Ohio, law says 300 ft. But there are always the exceptions. I have a stop that is about 50 ft after turning off of a highway. It is just an access road, so I hit the ambers as I am turning.
Also in our district, we have a lot of cosecutive stops with very little distance between them. For example, I make 4 stops on the busiest road in the county (a state highway) that are within 5 houses apart. I am working to get them condensed, but parents are fighting so that their "baby" doesn't have to walk annother 10 steps.

Go the extra mile: It's never crowded.
Go to Top of Page

CmtEmtB

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2001 :  08:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Ohio, law says 300 ft. But there are always the exceptions. I have a stop that is about 50 ft after turning off of a highway. It is just an access road, so I hit the ambers as I am turning.
Also in our district, we have a lot of cosecutive stops with very little distance between them. For example, I make 4 stops on the busiest road in the county (a state highway) that are within 5 houses apart. I am working to get them condensed, but parents are fighting so that their "baby" doesn't have to walk annother 10 steps.

Go the extra mile: It's never crowded.
Go to Top of Page

Bus

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2001 :  08:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the State of Missouri the law is, School Buses will Activated there Amber Warning lights 500 Ft. before there Stop and then come to complete stop and then open the door to activate the red lights. And we are to activate our 4 way hazzard lights when we back up and district policy we must beep horn 3 times when backing up.

Emma L Clark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000