Enter Forum: Safety Issues and Drivers' Concerns
 Salary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Probie

2 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  3:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to know what is being done about salaries for First Student drivers in the USA as well as Canada.
There seems to be a large difference between one are and another.
Where I drive, a driver that drivers high school then elementary in the morning and then drivers high school only in the afternoon makes about 58.00 a day.
Someone who drivers one morning run for elementry gets about 18.00 a day. What does First student pay in your area????
Where I live, if you were to compare the salary of a bus driver to minimum wages a driver makes about .75 more than minimum wage. No t much for the resposibilty or risk involved.

They also have implemented 10 safety meetings in a school year that drivers must attend as a condition of employement.

Edited by - Probie on 03/17/2008 3:40:19 PM

Peter
Top Member

USA
1057 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  3:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here they guarantee a two hour minimum every time you show up for a shift. The pay is mid-range to high end of the spectrum for area contractors, slightly lower on average than unionized district operations. Drivers are paid one hour for attending the safety meetings. It's better here than what you're describing.

Spicer is nicer.
Go to Top of Page

NathanW
Advanced Member

United States
313 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  4:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First Student here (Northern New Hampshire) also pays at least two hours (it's the law). I'm in my third year of driving and I'm making just over $16 per hour.

Nathan--Driver Extraordinaire
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000