What needs to be done ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2022 :  12:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a bus that destroyed the def hose and the injector . It was destroyed when a muffler hanger went and the system ran it into the cross member above it . So I replaced both and installed a new hanger . I ran bus with a full tank full of DEF . The alarm came on saying warning scr is out of wak . So I ran the bus for awhile and tried to clear the codes . As soon as I ran the fix the faults they came back . I tried clearing them again and again . On JPro you can do a reset that will fix things while ignoring faults . So I did and finally cleared them but wanted a regen .So I ran regen . The codes came back . These are the codes I came up with 5278 , 3714,3579, 3575,3571,3561,3429,3528 as I said in the past I am new to the DEF issues so please let me know am I doing something wrong

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
645 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2022 :  02:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
something happened to the ATD harness I would guess, on QSOL with their fault analyzer, this is where you can put all your codes that you have and it picks the best and quickest route for a fix ( anyone can get their own QSOL account ) it states to TS code 3571 then 3561 then 3429 then 3579 these three cause the others to become active, that ATD harness where it splits for the two plugs right under the DPF , there is a power wire that splits into 5 or 6 power wires for the DEF controller it goes bad there about an inch back from the split under the heat shrink, there is a terminating resister at the end of the SCR on that same ATD harness , just follow the TS for those codes and it should be found

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2022 :  07:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bluenozer will let you know what I find . I had to drop that one and move on to another project . Thanks for the advice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000