Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 horn over re-acting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2coolr4skool

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2021 :  07:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Send 2coolr4skool an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok folks, here is my problem for Friday, I have a 2014 IC ce bus that the horn honks on after you de-activate the NCLB module. it honks CONSTENTLY until you either turn the parking/ headlights on or unplug it. no codes , no lights no explanation! Body controller does all of the functions on the horn now and the dealership has not found a root problem, in fact it started working and now they cant get it to malfunction. 1 done been there and done that and it will happen again until the Gremlin is cast out. I hate return trips to the dealership for "same thing again" problems.as always , your expertise is appreciated
THANKS!

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
645 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2021 :  11:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when you press the button for the NCLB your hear the buzzer and the little red light comes on dash, I know the horns will blow if you don't disengage that system , problem with the button itself at the rear

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2021 :  08:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
seen this happen cause of the rectifier in the breaker panel
Go to Top of Page

evansjoem

8 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2022 :  12:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit evansjoem's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Door has to be closed and the ignition has to be in the accessory position once you turn the bus off. Then you can go to the back and push the button.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000