New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  08:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am having a problem with intermitten starting i have good neutral safty signal at bcm i have good ignition switch signal at bcm but i have not power out to starter relay its frustrating becasue its very intermitten but the only thing i havent trird is signal for slide lock on back door does anyone have a wiring diagram for that circuit

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2020 :  10:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Access Blue Bird Vantage for wiring. Enter the body number or vin to find system specific schematics.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  12:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok this bus is killin me i been fighting it for months now i have a very intermitten no start usually when its in line at a school and first in line and blocking eveyone ugggg it wont start but if i power up the starter realy it fires up i have all signals to the chassi module ignition switch neutral saftey when it doesnt start but no signal to the starter relay problem is its so intermitten when i am tryin to diagnose it all of a sudden it starts and wont have a problem for weeks the only thing iam not sure about is the signal for slide lock on rear of bus i put a new switch just to see and thst did nothing but i did notice when it doesnt start if i open and close that slide like it will then start i am thinkin it maybe a chassis module problem but thats a big hit for a guess but i cant find where the slide lock wire goes to the chassis module anyone run itno anything close to this problem
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2021 :  1:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure if its the same but I had on 06 bb vision that would be an intermittent no crank when real cold ambient temps, it had the input and out put switch to check all of the monitors. found out it was seeing the back door as locked when it wasn't. (ladder logic is back door locked = crank inhibit)turned out being a wire chafe at the back cap where the wires rounded from the side wall to the back wall.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2021 :  12:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am thinking wire to but man to get in there i gonna have to take hole bus apart right noe i wired in an led light the the back door slid lock so when it doesnt start i will no if its grounded and i will no its a wire but that could be weeks its so intermitten
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2021 :  06:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the corner trim is easy to remove, have a quick look and cover the harness where it could chafe. at least it will rule that area out.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  04:38:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will try that and see the bus been on road for a week with no problems but i know its not fixed
Go to Top of Page

aaronthemech

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2021 :  11:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had same problem on BBird Vision and it turned out to be the grounding of the rear switch. was grounded enough to stop the BCM from giving start signal to relay, but not enough to turn on the vandal buzzer. surfaced everything and used die-electric grease and all ok now. Good luck.

-Aaron-
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech1

76 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2021 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven`t found the problem on ours yet but found when it happens if you turn the ignition switch to accessories and wait a few seconds for the click sound it will start.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2021 :  12:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cleaned everthing in the replaced the switch its been good for a week then it got hit in the rear last friday so off to the body shop for 6 months so will CIRCLE BACK to this problem when it comes back
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2021 :  04:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol sounds like my luck
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000