School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Used 3126 for GM Chassis- Should I Use Old CPU?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2020 :  1:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've decided to get a used 3126 instead of rebuild the one I have. I got the engine but I'm wondering if it's going to work now. The one in the bus has an AR# of 199-8664 and the used engine has an AR# of 204-2235. Does anyone have the ability to look that up and tell me if I can just plug the computer in and it will work? If it helps, the bus engine SN is CKM47764 and the used engine SN is CKM63938.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
645 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  01:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the two ecm have the same plug bodies then it should work for the oem plug not too much changes for pin out I dont have SIS anymore to be 100% but you could always try the old ecm on the donor engine also be nice if you had CAT ET to see codes injector trims will be wrong but that means it will idle like it has a cam

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  06:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluenozer

the two ecm have the same plug bodies then it should work for the oem plug not too much changes for pin out I dont have SIS anymore to be 100% but you could always try the old ecm on the donor engine also be nice if you had CAT ET to see codes injector trims will be wrong but that means it will idle like it has a cam

Thanks for the information. I think I'm just going to swap the original ECU onto the "donor" engine. Seems that would be the least problematic.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000