Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2013 ic maxxforce dt extended crank when hot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2020 :  02:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all I have a extended crank when hot on this bus backstory
-all injectors ,pucks , oring were replaced 9 months ago
--came in now checked replaced pucks and o ring , updated ipr and new high pressure pump were installed , I performed the faul adap reset
---bus throws icp below threshold when driving (no check engine light) and sometimes throws icp above threshold
-and bus will have an extended crank when hot and let sit a few minutes est 7-8 seconds . intake heater is fine no other dtcs in system
any input greatly appreciated thanks

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2020 :  03:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
--this surprisingly ended up being an injector, noticed when I removed them one injector was carboned up bad , injector was tight and not double washered like I thought it would be after seeing injector , once installed new the icp codes didn't return and bus started fine all the time . Don't really know why this affected the icp unless injector wasn't sitting perfect in bore causing unnoticed poor rail fitment ? anyway its fixed
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2020 :  5:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update. I hate those Maxxforce engines.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2020 :  05:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea to and these are the RE version no side access door , absolute dump to work on .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000