New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  06:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am working on a 2015 c2 cummins 6.7 allison tran hydro brakes i just sent out the dpf and scr for cleaning also the egr cooler because it was clogged solid and replaced the turbo and actuater because the mechanical arm on turbo was siezed and replaced the manifold gaskets because one gasket blew out so i i got it all back together reset the ecm for the clean dpf ran a scr test and doser test passed the burn test passed and the nox system passed but the scr catalyst tested failed never had this test fail is it tryin to say the scr is bad anyone come across this

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
645 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  07:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny the SCR failed but the nox sensors passed, the sole purpose of the SCR is to reduce output nox with the chemical reaction between the SCR bricks and the ammonia in the DEF, so if the output nox sensor passed then the SCR is doing what it should
I've seen alot of times the cleaning will damage the components, and cause issue like this , I would drive and worry about if it sets a code under normal driving conditions

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  08:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check with your Cummins dealer. The are covering the SCR under warranty, even if your warranty has expired for various fault codes.

One in particular is code 3582, I've had 3 replaced in the last 6 months and the only fee I had to pay was diagnostics fee's $268 vs. $2500.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  08:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i drove it for half hour had bo problems or codes i had a few that where warrentied this one i didnt have any aftertreatment codes only turbo codes so i checked the egr cooler and it was clogged so i figured i would send the scr and dpf out as well but dealer ran vin and said this one is not covered i think i am gonna run it and see if i get any codes i have one of our relief drivers using it to run and pick parts for me so will see what they say when they get back
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
645 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  09:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That SCR "fix" that the dealer is doing , it just eliminates the soot sensor( the SCR eff. sensor the one in the middle of the SCR that looks like a NOX sensor) and a reflash, funny how some engines need this "recall" but some don't
I wonder what the root cause of the issue is?
We had some covered and some not same CPL, OEM chassis VIN in sequence
Seems like all this emission crap is just that" CRAP" funny how a deleted unit can pass the sniffer with a little work to the trim calibrations for the injectors
SMOKE N MIRRORS

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2019 :  10:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluenozer

That SCR "fix" that the dealer is doing , it just eliminates the soot sensor( the SCR eff. sensor the one in the middle of the SCR that looks like a NOX sensor) and a reflash, funny how some engines need this "recall" but some don't
I wonder what the root cause of the issue is?
We had some covered and some not same CPL, OEM chassis VIN in sequence
Seems like all this emission crap is just that" CRAP" funny how a deleted unit can pass the sniffer with a little work to the trim calibrations for the injectors
SMOKE N MIRRORS

I agree with the smoke and mirrors comment.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000