New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  11:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok guys i have this 2015 bluebird vision 6.7 cummins allison 1000/2000 series trans hydro brakes drive states the bus would intermitten no start whenu would got to crank it the starter would ingage for a second then nothing i tried to duplicate and it never did it to me this been going on for months until today it was at school and would not start so i went there and of course it started right up.... now i have it in shop and finally i got it to do it the starter ingages for a second the there is nothing u let key go try again it starts right up i put my testers on everthing the starter solenoid the outleg of the relay to the starter and ignition switch i am losing power at the out leg of the relay the power and grounds are good so i am figuring the ecm is involved in this somewhere does anyone have a diagram or run into this before i swapped the realy and thats not it

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 09/11/2019 11:06:39 AM

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2019 :  11:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cant remember what the website is for bluebird wiring diagrams
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
650 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  02:07:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://vantage.blue-bird.com/Portal/Vantage-Home.aspx

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  04:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank u sr
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  06:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've replaced the ignition switches in my by T3's (same one as Vision) for this issue. The switches are not very robust.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2019 :  12:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cant figure this one out i disconnected the started and turned key with my testers on every part of the circuit to see where its losing and everything is good i am thinkin either starter is bad or it needs the started hooked up to creat the draw for it to lose power somewhere
Go to Top of Page

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  08:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check for loose wires on the starter relay in the 'doghouse' (left side, bottom i think). We found many of ours losing connection intermittently at that point. Best thing is to take all the wires out of the plug and connect directly to relay. Those plugs are terrible
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2019 :  11:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i took that all apart and everything fit tight i have a switch on order gonna see if that fixes it
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2019 :  12:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still didn't get the switch yet but I had time so I went back to check this bus out and now sometimes when I turn key on I get no power anywhere so I switched it on and off a few times and then power came on one time I did it when the power was off I went to the master power switch by the battery and it only had five volts I tapped on it and then I here everything turn on so I said I got it the master power switch is bad so I bypassed it and tried it a few times everything was good I left that bus for an hour came back and again no power anywhere this thing is killin back to the drawing board
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2019 :  10:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
figured it out..... in the back of battery box where the positive cable bolts to a stud in the box and on the other side the positive cable bolts to the other side of that stud there was a small bit of corrostion cleaned it up and started it hundred times with no problems its always a wire lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000