battery charger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2019 :  06:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So had the old knob style chargers for awhile but the timers have broken and stayed charging over nite so got rid of them and the chargers that napa gets me are the newer smart chargers that dont work and to smart for a simple job. Anyone got a place to get some of the good old dumb chargers?

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
814 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2019 :  9:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a napa smart charger and love it !!Wouldn't go back to the old chargers
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2019 :  07:37:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like my NAPA 85-7000

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2019 :  07:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a pic of it. NAPA doesn't even have a pic on their web page. You're going to pay 725 bucks at NAPA for it though.
https://www.centurytool.net/85_7000_NAPA_Battery_Charger_Parts_List_s/273.htm

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
814 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  08:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I talked to a electrical person and he was telling me about this smart charger . One of the things we ran into is sometimes the battery would show no power . Then with a regular charger it wouldn't charge the battery . with the smart charger there is an over ride that will start out with a little charge and as soon as the battery receives that then the battery comes to life and it gets a normal charge .Also when using the boost to start a bus the charger will try a certain amperage and if bus won't start then it keeps bumping the amperage up until it does start .
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2019 :  09:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was able to get one with a timer see how this one works got one dead driver did her dry run yesterday and left the key on yet again another year of retraining them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000