What software should I get question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  07:55:37 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The IT guy came to me in the shop and told me the district is replacing my laptop with a newer version of windows . So I am asking what software should I have to do my work . Right now we are running IC buses with Cummins and DT 466 . I have a couple of old TC 2000 with Cummins . All Allison with one hydraulic brake system . I would like to diagnose , code check and reprogram if needed . Right now I have NED , Allison , Meritor Wabco and service maxx .I have no Cummins insite .So what else would help me make diagnosing my systems better and life easier ? This is the time to make the change . I would like some input and possibly how and where to go for the software . Thanks

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  08:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For any programming you would need OEM software, if you don't have to program(not too often its needed and often doesn.t correct issues)
1. Allison DOC
2. Jpro (you can pay extra to have trouble shooting for codes)
3. and if you need programming you would need NEDS, INSITE,wabco, bendix

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  09:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where would a guy go to get those programs
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  09:33:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by valleybusman

Where would a guy go to get those programs

This where I get mine.

http://www.tpxpowersource.com/

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

unclefish

113 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  09:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not just go with cummins insite pro. There shop talk is awesome and there diagnose platform is superior than any Internaional software I have seen. You can do all your own updates so no down time at dealer and clear all fault codes. For there yearly cost 1 time visit at a dealer at average 125 hour, 5 hours it paid for itself. you already have everything else. Bendix acomm is a free download . you can add cummins quickserve and look up all your parts and use expert diagnose also. I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT JPRO BUT I HIGHLY DOUGHT IT WILL DO UPDATES FOR THE CUMMINS MOTOR.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  2:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been using JPRO for a few years now and I like it. It doesn't do anything more than the OEM software, but it's a nice place to look up codes and see data pinouts and aftertreatment system sensors. It's user friendly and it loads a lot quicker than Cummins Insite! From JPRO, you can click to open the OEM software right from there.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2019 :  03:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unclefish

Bendix acomm is a free download

Everyone be advised that Bendix has been telling the OEMs that this will no longer be the case soon. Be sure you keep up on your program updates before they end (for free). What I don't know is if they've already snuck in coding that will cause it to cease working on X date if we don't pay.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2019 :  07:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most updates for the cummins ecm are just smoke and mirrors the important updates will have a letter mailed to you stating this needs to be done and with quickserve set up a customer account and just enter one serial
number for each year of bus(cm2150,cm2250,cm2350) then use each one for that generation that you are working on
customer account you can only have 5 serial numbers entered above way is a little cheat
and jpro with the jpro connector can do everything except a CAT and ALLISON , you can even do diesel pickups, ford mini buses etc

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000