New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2002 :  3:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's right... today I saw an ad for Microsoft on a school bus right here in New York!

This ad was fairly large, about 6 feet wide, and 4 feet tall, and it was directly to the left of the service door!

This bus was on the NY Thruway, so I couldn't get a really close up look, but it was there.

I will certainly look into this matter...

---------------------

School bus gear, school bus pictures, school bus links, and more!

Check out http://www.schoolbuscentral.cjb.net

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2002 :  5:00:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good Lord! What's the big deal about advertising on school buses? There's NO proof that says its unsafe. If it is, then they'd better take it off transit buses, too!

I love the look of a plain ol' schoolie, too, but I think advertising on school buses can be a good thing. And any transportation director with half a brain cell would know what's the difference between 'good' and 'bad' advertising.

Now I can control my OWN traffic - with my OWN 3M traffic signal!
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2002 :  7:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steven, I do support school bus ads, so I'm kinda excited.

MLK, it was certainly a NYC bus... perhaps it was a camp bus with a camp banner that is sponsored by Microsoft? I don't know, but I saw it.

---------------------

School bus gear, school bus pictures, school bus links, and more!

Check out http://www.schoolbuscentral.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2002 :  03:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steven and others,
The big deal is Transit buses don't stop traffic to cross school age children across busy streets ALL across this nation! If you're reading an ad on a Transit bus and happen to drive by while you do, no big deal! If you do that with a school bus....well you get the picture. Of course there's no data to support this claim, it's NEVER been done in any quantifiable manner. You want to wait 'til a few kids are injured or killed to prove the point?
Why risk it at all?? Why not leave well enough alone, and/or tighten the belt and provide funding from an extra $.01 sale tax or bond referendum? School buses don't need ANY distractions from the job at hand. LEAVE the ads to the transit buses where it really doesn't matter!
Joe

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000