Need Assistance with PA system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C2FAN

United States
114 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  7:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping somebody could help me out with a wiring project I am about to tackle. I have a 98' mid-bus with an exterior PA horn. Problem is, the previous owner installed a new radio and removed all of the PA wiring inside the bus. I purchased a new AM/FM/CD/Page radio from the local Thomas dealership, I am pretty sure I can figure out how to hook up the mic, but I have no idea how to wire in the interior/exterior toggle PA switch so the mic works with the speaker mounted on roof.

Any advice????

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  09:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With that old of a unit I would see if I could find a parts bus somewhere to rob the whole unit out of. That away it will be a simple plug and play situation.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

C2FAN

United States
114 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  9:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I did, got the entire setup out of an old Thomas and installed everything in the mid-bus. Works like a charm.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  12:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was actually going to look for my custom radio schematics but I see you found a solution. I have a Thomas radio with a PA on my bench for testing microphones, speakers, and just rockin out at the end of the day. It's a REI setup.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000