Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 86 Bluebird taillights not working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tool Amour

1 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  10:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tool Amour's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I've got an 86 Bluebird shorty, breadbox style, that I'm converting to a camping rig. I pulled the lights and covers a couple of weeks ago to paint the bus, and now none of the rear tail/turn/brake/backup lights work.

These lights were working when I purchased the bus last month. The flashers (front and back) were disabled, and the switches removed, when I got the bus.

I'm trying to find any information I can on the bus, wiring diagrams, etc. If anyone has any manuals, pdfs etc, I'd be willing to buy them.

I'm thinking there is a short or blown fuse somewhere, but heck if I can even find a fuse block anywhere! I got a tester last night, but haven't tried it out to see if there is even power to the back lights.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
TA

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  2:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of times on these old buses the ground is the problem. Be sure the screw at the ground on the light is secure. Also make sure there is no corrosion at your ground. I have found that everything can work until you disturb it and then you loose the ground.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000